As part of a dynamic small team, the candidate will gain understanding on the consumer health sector, giving the person an excellent overview of an international trade association functioning in view of future career opportunities.
This internship will offer many learning opportunities regarding operational aspects of WSMI’s technical, communication and policy work as the organisation is rolling out a new strategy to develop partner relations as well as policy matters related to selfcare contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
About the World Self-Medication Industry
WSMI is a federation of regional and national associations, and manufacturers and distributors of non-prescription medicines on all continents located near Geneva, Switzerland.
WSMI supports the development of self-medication industry associations around the world to aid in the understanding and development of responsible self-medication.
In its role as a Non-Governmental Organization in official relations with the World Health Organization, it represents the self-medication industry and contributes to WHO’s Public Health goals through our specialized expertise.
The World Self-Medication Industry (WSMI) is looking for Communications & Policy intern to support with its communication and policy strategy that will drive the WSMI policy agenda and underpin all WSMI activities. The Communications & Policy intern will be involved in regular communications and information sharing processes throughout the organisation in order to enhance WSMI’s reputation and public profile, promote WSMI’s key projects and support efforts to achieve the organization’s mission and vision.
- Assist in timely and quality production of communication and advocacy materials as required (toolkits, factsheets, infographics, slide decks)
- Supporting WSMI’s online presence and the launch of its new organizational website, including key stats and monitoring
- Coordinate the development of relevant media lists and influencers
- Assist coordination of WSMI’s social media calendar, including monitoring of influencers and levels of engagement
- Support development of campaign materials for the annual World Self-Care Day campaign (toolkit, key messages, social media posts)
- Support the organization events and meetings, including drafting meeting minutes as required
- Coordinate content and publication of the monthly WSMI Member Newsletter
- Willingness to carry out additional administrative tasks as required
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Strong knowledge and interest in social media platforms
- Knowledge of design software and photo editing desirable
- Experience with Google analytics, Mailchimp preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Fluency in French a strong asset
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS outlook, social media and website management tools
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, planning and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Meticulous, precise and rigorous
- Bachelor’s degree (or currently studying towards) in communications or other relevant discipline, with a strong interest in public health
- In order to comply with Swiss authorities’ requirements, a valid Swiss working permit and/or European citizenship is required.
Compensation: Compensation for this position is CHF 1’000.00 /month.
To apply: Please submit a copy of your CV and a cover letter to the following address: email@example.com