Established in 2003, the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is a collaborative, patients’ needs-driven, non-profit drug research and development (R&D) organization that is developing new treatments for neglected populations (www.dndi.org), working with and enhancing existing research capacity in endemic countries, and advocating for public leadership and public-interest driven R&D to help end the neglect. After 15 years of sustained growth, DNDi has built a team of approximately 200 full-time employees working across nine offices (Geneva, Rio de Janeiro, Kinshasa, Nairobi, New Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, New York, Tokyo, and Cape Town).
DNDi is seeking copyeditors/proofreaders for our roster, to be called on when we are short-handed internally. Documents to be copyedited and/or proofread may be written for general audiences, such as annual reports, factsheets, press releases, and organizational plans or they may be for a biomedical audience, such as scientific manuscripts and meeting reports.
Competencies & attributes
- At least five years’ experience in copyediting documents written by multiple authors and/or authors whose first language is not English, ideally in the realm of global health and development
- Eagle-eyed proofreading skills
- High-level English, demonstrated by relevant education and/or copyediting certification
- Experience in copyediting and proofreading documents pertaining to global health and development, health commodity research and development, the biomedical sector generally, and organizational strategy an asset
- Deadline sensitive
- If you are interested in joining DNDi’s roster of copyeditors/proofreaders, please send us your CV and a cover letter summarizing relevant experience; specifying whether you copyedit/proofread biomedical text, general audience text, or both; and indicating your billing structure and rates. Submit your letter and CV to email@example.com.
- Shortlisted candidates will receive a short copyediting and proofreading test. Please note that being added to our roster of copyeditors/proofreaders is no guarantee of work.
- Selected candidates will need to be able to show registration of self-employment or consultant status in their country of residence