Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is seeking a talented Volunteering Communications Manager to join our team! The Volunteering Communications Manager equips key stakeholders with the messaging and tools they need to communicate clearly about Habitat for Humanity’s volunteering initiatives. The Volunteering Communications Manager works closely with members of both the Integrated Programs division and the Global Communications division to interpret technical information and ongoing shifts in Habitat’s approach to volunteering for a wide range of audiences, from Habitat staff and the volunteers themselves to community members and partners.
Reporting to the Senior Director of International Communications, with a cross functional reporting to the Senior Director of Volunteer and Institutional Engagement (VIE), the Volunteering Communications Manager is responsible for increasing the understanding of Habitat’s volunteer initiatives. This position, in collaboration with colleagues in Global Communications and International Programs, manages the creation of compelling content and messaging in concert with Habitat’s brand and tailored to specific audiences.
This position can be remote within one of the country locations HFHI operates in.
- Collaborate with volunteer program and communications colleagues to develop and periodically update key global messaging and content about HFHI’s volunteering (35%).
- Prepare Habitat leadership, fundraisers and other key stakeholders with messaging and communications tools for specific opportunities, including webinars, conferences, events and other key moments (25%).
- Collaborate with communications colleagues around the world to integrate volunteer messaging into Habitat’s communications, ensuring that Habitat communications and storytelling reflect and advance the organization’s program strategies related to volunteering (20%).
- Serve as first point of contact for questions and requests directed at volunteer initiatives and engagement as part of community moderation (10%).
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor (10%).
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- 5 years in communications work, especially managing global projects with multiple stakeholders and/or interpreting technical information for various audiences.
- Proficiency in building creative concepts and demonstrated ability to see projects through to completion.
- Ability to write, edit, evaluate, and curate strong content related to volunteering and/or international development while meeting brand, marketing and messaging needs.
- Ability to lead the creation of complete content packages; established experience with photo selection, design collaboration, etc., all while maintaining brand standards.
- Strong communications and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural competencies and organizational and project management skills that demonstrate an ability to successfully collaborate with a variety of departments and stakeholders.
- Active support of HFHI Values:
*Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
*Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
*Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
- Safeguarding: HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
- Previous nonprofit experience a plus
- Experience analyzing data and with data visualization
For further information and to apply >>