The Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI) is a membership-based alliance of national human rights institutions (NHRIs) which works in close cooperation with the United Nations (UN). GANHRI unites, promotes and strengthens NHRIs to operate in line with the Paris Principles and provides leadership in the promotion and protection of human rights. GANHRI provides a framework for NHRIs to work together and cooperate at the international level through a wide range of activities, including annual meetings, international conferences, networks, training and capacity building activities. To learn more about GANHRI visit our website: www.ganhri.org
About the position
In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak, most of the activities that were initially planned to be face-to-face meetings and events, are now being implemented folowing the modality of virtual events.
These events may take the form of webinars, conferences, institutional meetings and online discussions. In particular GANHRI is planning its Annual Meeting which will gather online its members from all around the world and which will be organised in collaboration with the United Nations Human Rights Office (OHCHR).
The incumbent will be in charge of preparing and facilitating all the logistics and communications for the organisation of the planned online activities and in particular of the GANHRI Annual Meeting. For this reason, this is a temporary, fixed term position for the duration of 3 months, which shall conclude at the latest by the end of 2020.
• Manage all aspects of virtual event planning, before during and after event, meeting strict deadlines and operating within budget constraints:
o Responsibilities typically include selecting the adequate online platform, manage the registration list and in general assist and guide participants and speakers, before and during the event.
• Train and prepare speakers for upcoming events on interfacing with event technology and optimizing presentation style for remote events.
• Coordinate with staff at the head office, partners, vendors, and others to determine and fulfill needs for events and serve as virtual event liaison.
• Assist with following up to the events (recording, reporting, debriefing, etc.)
• Plan, prepare and disseminate relevant communications material designed to informr the members informed about onging and upcoming online events:
o Responsibilities typically include advertising the events, develop press releases, newsletters, update the website and the socia media.
• Document and report on online activities, with written and photo/video material.
• Support with the dissemination of the information.
Related administrative support and any other duties as required.
Training and experience required
• Mater’s degree in communications or equivalent relevant professional experience
• At least 3-year experience as digital communications and events organiser
• Experience with online tools (Visio conferencing systems, knowledge management platforms, websites)
• Experience with content management systems (CMS)
• Experience with web or graphic design, video and photo editing- a plus.
Profile and skills sought
• Fluency in written and spoken English (native level)
• Proficiency in French, Spanish and/or Arabic a plus
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Strong aptitude and desire for learning new platforms, development, analytic, and presentation tools
• Well organized and diligent
• Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple activities
• Good team player
• Able to work independently and autonomously when required
• Good computer literacy, especially in the are of virtual meeting platforms
• Motivated to learn and to develop new skills
Duration of appointment: Temporary appointment- 3 months starting as soon as possible
Employment type: full-time
How to Apply: Send cover letter and CV and contact of three references.
Deadline for applications: 20 September 2020. Please send the required material by email with the name of the position in the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org