The W2O is a leader in integrated marketing communications and committed to giving client brands an unfair advantage. The organisation is looking for people with an entrepreneurial mindset and a can do attitude to join the growing Swiss business. You must be driven to succeed and looking for a unique opportunity to grow within a dynamic team environment.
W2O is a fully integrated agency combining expertise in; analytics and insights, strategy, creative and visual storytelling, and channel agnostic engagement to achieve client success. It is the largest independent agency focused on all areas of healthcare, with technology and consumer clients too.
W2O is looking for people in the roles of Senior Account Manager (https://bit.ly/2ILR0Oc) to Account Director (https://bit.ly/2s879TP) to create an exceptional team in Switzerland to support the established client base which includes Pharma, biotech, diagnostic and digital health market leaders. The team will work closely with the existing offices in London, New York and San Francisco.
The Digital Communication Intern will be attached to the IATA’s Corporate Communications Department, with responsibilities focusing on web and intranet publishing support and creating multimedia content. This is a great opportunity for a young communications or marketing graduate to practice web aspects of digital communications in a demanding and highly professional environment in addition to experiencing fast-paced team work.
Contribute to the quality of www.iata.org through reviewing content submitted by some 100 editors before publishing;
Ensure the application of best practices such as Search Engine Optimization and web writing style and contribute to the education of editors;
Provide web publishing support with advanced functionality (ex. creation of forms);
Create or edit content as needed;
Train and support intranet users;
Help maintain website and intranet integrity in terms of structure and asset management;
Create multimedia content for social media: short videos, images, infographics;
Provide support to social media team such as monitoring and scheduling content.
Qualifications and Skills
Recent communications or marketing graduate with a strong interest in digital media;
Experience of web communications, blogging or social media;
Video shooting and editing, photo editing:
At ease with technology, notions of HTML an asset;
Good writing skills;
Good written English.
ITC is looking for a rapporteur to produce a high quality report of a July 2018 meeting for publication. The rapporteur is expected to summarize the statements made by country representatives at the top table and summarize comments, recommendations and requests by theme.
This brief analysis paper will give ITC senior management a synopsis of key points made at the event. It will equally serve as the basis of the JAG report 2018 that will be published and submitted to UNCTAD Trade and Development Board and WTO Committee on Trade and Development later in the year.
For details, please see the respective terms of reference. Prospective candidates are invited to submit their application by sending their CV and a letter of motivation to email@example.com
To create relevant and impactful marketing and sales content to attract, engage and acquire a clearly defined and understood target audience – to help drive IMD’s various programs and services. Specifically, manage and create marketing and sales content for IMD open programs, online and degree programs, custom programs, Corporate Learning Network.
– Develop the best editorial content, storytelling and messaging that converts interested prospects into customers
– Define key content, messages and differentiators for IMD educational programs and services
– Reflect IMD Vision, Values and Strategic Direction in marketing and sales materials
– Adapt the voice of IMD Faculty and client engagement team to assure that messagingmatches customer needs accurately
– Work with program marketing, communications, direct marketing and client engagementteams to develop content strategies and collateral to reach existing and win new customers.
Manage and create marketing & sales content to support the sales of IMD’s entire portfolio of open, online and degree programs.
Tasks could include:
o Creation of marketing and advertising messages
o Sales support documents for client engagement team
o Website and landing page creation and update
o Program brochures
o SEA, SEO, social media messaging
o Email lead generation and nurture campaigns
o Video storyboarding, briefing, messaging, interviewing and editing
o Ad-hoc writing and proofing requests
Create content to support the sales of custom programs.
o All content creation for custom website
o Company story writing for the web
o Sales collateral
o Video interviewing, messaging, briefing and editing
Create content for IMD at an institutional level
Tasks could include:
o Institutional publications
o Program collateral
o Corporate Learning Network collateral
o Ad-hoc writing and proofing requests.
– University degree in marketing, communications, journalism or English
– Advanced courses/training in story-telling, creative writing, digital content creation, or sales/marketing copywriting would be an asset.
– Minimum 10 years’ experience in copywriting/editing, including writing for the web
– Minimum 5 years’ experience in print production, preferably as an editor/project manager
– Minimum 5 years’ experience in marketing/sales communications
– Experience with web content management systems, preferably 1-2 years
– Experience managing budgets for projects or cost centers
Competencies and skills
– English mother tongue. French an asset
– Highly proficient copywriting, editing and proofreading skills in English
– Strong organization and project management skills: meets deadlines; able to manage multiple different projects at the same time
– Fast, efficient, but also good with details
– Highly business aware: service- and customer-oriented; diplomatic; politically aware; professional in all dealings with internal and external IMD stakeholders; puts internal customers first; reacts quickly to requests and “issues”
– Common sense and solution oriented: finds easy solutions, simplifies processes, and comes with recommendations, not problems
– Works independently; highly motivated; proactive; self-starter; team player; creative and innovative
– Must understand business issues.
How to apply
If you have the above skills and would like to work in our challenging environment, please send your complete application file (letter of motivation and resume in English, copies of your work certificates and diplomas) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Swiss Trading and Shipping Association (STSA) is recruiting a business communication officer at 40% or 50% (16 or 20 hours a week) for a minimum of 6 months.The officer will support the Secretariat in a full range of support functions but in particular in writing, editing and reviewing content of all type of documentations in English. He/she will help the STSA team in its daily operations to provide high quality communication material.
Founded in 2006, STSA is the main professional association in Switzerland for commodity merchants, shipping companies and banks specialised in trade finance. It has become a respected platform in the commodity trading industry. It now has over 190 members, with businesses of all sizes. It represents the interests of the sector through various activities such as:
Education & Training
Working groups of common interests
Commodity related services
1. Business and administrative support
Edit various documents in English such as newsletters, position papers, website, etc.
Draft general correspondence in English
Support the team in developing its communication on the various social networks (including active monitoring of social media activities)
Work with the STSA team at maintaining and expanding the relationship with members through existing tools (extranet, Newsletter, communication alerts, etc.)
The Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC) would like to invite digital agencies and contractors to submit bids for building the landing page of our annual report. The deadline for proposals is Friday 23rd March. See full details in the documents below:
Description of requirements:
Develop a microsite for the Global Report on Internal Displacement 2018
Manner of Submission:
Please submit your proposals in accordance with the requirements detailed below by email to email@example.com
Deadline for submission of quotations is23:59 PM CET on Friday, 23rd March 2018. Those who do not submit their quotation by this deadline will not be considered.
Respondents may contact IDMC Geneva for clarification and information pertaining to this request for quotation. Any requests for information or clarification must be submitted in writing by e-mail to George Binder at firstname.lastname@example.org before the end due date of the RFPs.
Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is a not-for-profit research and development organization, DNDi works to deliver new treatments for neglected diseases: leishmaniasis, human African trypanosomiasis, Chagas disease, specific filarial infections, mycetoma, paediatric HIV, and hepatitis C.
2. Project overview:
DNDi is requesting proposals for producing a compelling HD film (4-6’) that tells the story of the development of the first all-oral cure for sleeping sickness. This film will show how this innovative drug, called “fexinidazole,” will completely change the way we treat people living with sleeping sickness, a deadly tropical disease that affects some of the most neglected communities in the world.
Fexinidazole was developed through an alternative, non-profit driven R&D model and this film will showcase the innovative partnership that led to this scientific discovery – a partnership that could help challenge the prevailing notion how we develop drugs.
3. Project scope
DNDi would like to develop a 4-6 minute film for on/off-line screening that shows, on the one side, this innovative partnership and development of a new treatment for sleeping sickness in Central Africa, and at the same time offers a moving human story that shows the ravages caused by sleeping sickness, how fexinidazole will change things for treatment of the disease now and control/elimination of the disease in future.
While there is a need to avoid excessive reliance on talking heads, the human side of both parts of this story should shine – the researchers and scientists working together for the drug’s development, and the health workers and patients working and living in the world’s most remote areas of the Congo.
Previous DNDi films have been made around these same angles but this film must have a distinct visual identity and brand that can serve as inspiration for a “mini-campaign” for social media, where DNDi and partners can take short clips/images of the video and share them.
Please provide a budget estimate with cost breakdowns and maximum details.
5. Eligible criteria:
• Experience in creative video development, production and post-production on social/development/scientific issues, including animated infographics, aimed at international general audience;
• Understanding the purpose and the scope of this video project
• Must have experience in producing videos of similar nature for international clients (must submit at least 2 similar sample work as a proof)
• Original and creative approach
• Demonstration of cost effective approaches to video production
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources, equipment and required staffing for video production and post-production
• Demonstrated experience producing videos for non-profit organizations
• Availability to travel to Africa and Europe in May/June 2018
• Milestone 1: Completion of briefings and production of initial outlines – May 15th, 2018
• Milestone 2: Production of storyboards – June 15th, 2018
• Milestone 3: DRC filming trip to be scheduled. 1st version of the film – July 13th, 2018
• Milestone 4: Final version of the film – July 25th, 2018
7. Proposal requirements
The proposal should include:
• A cover letter that explains how the video producer can meet DNDi’s needs, citing experience, skills, capacity and motivation; and an indication of availability for a visio call or a meeting in Geneva the week of April 9th, 2018 if shortlisted.
• Any short creative proposals would be welcome based on the brief above.
• Samples of video productions
8. Proposal evaluation
A selection will be made by the DNDi project team based on the proposal’s:
• Responsiveness to the scope of work as outlined, and DNDi’s needs
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in similar projects
• Bios, qualifications of personnel assigned
• Sample of video productions
• Cost effectiveness
9. Proposal submission
• Send questions if any to email@example.com by Friday March 23rd, 2018
• Answers to questions related to the RFP will be answered in a document shared with all the bidders by Wednesday March 28th, 2018
• Send your full dossier containing all proposal requirements in pdf by Wednesday April 4th 2018. Proposals should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Award project: Week of April 16th 2018
This RFP provides potential bidders with an overview of requirements they are expected to deliver on and criteria against which their proposals will be assessed. Vendors are expected to complete the task according to the set timeline and within the cost that is agreed. It is understood that details may be subject to change upon vendor recommendation and / or research of more optimal solutions. In your proposal, please feel free to make such suggestions.
The vendor team is expected to include fluent English language skills and good availability to interact with the Defeat-NCD Partnership manager for this project as it proceeds.
The Defeat-NCD Partnership has a website that needs to be re-designed and restructured, in terms of text, pictures, layout and navigational structure. The deadline for this project is 5 April 2018.
The re-developed website is expected to fulfill the subsequent functions:
Ensure information is provided in an accessible and user-friendly manner;
Streamline user experience;
Showcase and promote the organization’s work, communications and social media activity;
Demonstrate the organization’s expertise in key focus areas;
Encourage increased traffic to the website; and
Increase search engine ranking.
The Defeat-NCD Partnership is addressing one of the most significant global health problems of this age: premature death, sickness, and disability from selected non-communicable diseases, primarily diabetes and hypertension. It aims to reduce the burden on resource poor countries through increased access to a range of interconnected essential services and resources with a focus on treatment.
The focus on diabetes and hypertension is justified by their huge public health significance. On their own, and especially in combination, these cause by far the most global NCD deaths – some 1.6 million deaths yearly are attributed to diabetes, and 5.7 million are attributed to hypertension (out of some 17.7 million from cardiovascular conditions more broadly).
The Partnership is focusing initially on diabetes and hypertension, and expanding to other NCDs when feasible and working with governments, multilateral agencies, civil society, philanthropic foundations, and the private sector.
The Partnership works by mobilising global knowledge, tools, capacities, and finances to benefit resource-poor countries according to their specific needs and defined NCD action plans. This includes the populations of humanitarian concern that are hosted by them. The priority focus is on the 49 least developed and low-income countries with technical capacity building support also available to a further 43 lower middle-income countries.
The Defeat-NCD Partnership prioritises countries according to their development and income status. Top priority is being given to the least developed countries, as defined by the United Nations, and lowincome countries, as defined by the World Bank. The selected vendor will be given more detailed information to enable them to better understand the work of the Defeat-NCD Partnership.
All proposals submitted as part of this RFP need to reflect the following requirements:
Overview of website architecture outlining suggested website sections and subsections.
Ensure the online content is accessible on all platforms offering a user experience reflecting up-to-date industry standards (PC, tablet, smart phone, etc.).
Website content, such as news, statements, programme descriptions and blog updates need to be easy to update and edit preferably through an Open Source Software.
As part of the contract, website support, and one set of changes based on user analytics will be required. As will a solution for the maintenance of the website after its launch.
Google Analytics need to be integrated.
A training session to staff about how to use the website and the content management system will need to be included in the proposal.
The website needs to be able to contain new text, audio and video content in the most common formats.
The website must be responsive for use on mobile device platforms.
The website needs to integrate and interact with the most common social media applications
such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. Content needs to be made available throughout all of these channels.
Though text and website architecture has been included in this RFP, high quality images that reflect the text on every page will need to be included.
A proper hosting solution will need to be found, with VPS hosting options preferable. Please
provide information about minimum guaranteed uptime and response times of the hosting server in the proposal.
All rights of the content and the creation of the site must belong to The Defeat-NCD Partnership.
Expansion capability with additional sub-pages as content expands is expected.
Information design – wireframes
Visual design – source and edit high quality images
Search engine optimization
Front-end coding (HTML/CSS, animations)
Back-end coding (CMS, 3rd party APIs)
Mobile device optimization
Testing & quality assurance
Analytics software – Google analytics
The deadline is April 5, 2018, with earlier completion welcome. The selected vendor will be expected to start work immediately, on notification of acceptance of the proposal.
The following submission requirements should be reflected in the proposals:
Information about the company and overview of previous client activities. Please include examples of similar projects.
Presentation of individuals to perform the work with a short summary of qualifications and previous experience.
Schedule for the delivery of the suggested accomplishments according to phases.
Budget overview for the required tasks including maintenance costs, training and future upgrades.
Details of proposed hosting server and location.
The deadline for submitting the RFP proposals is March 10, 2018.
The Geneva-based Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC) of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is the global leader in the provision of data, information and analysis on internal displacement. IDMC is recruiting for an 80% maternity cover post, starting in April 2018, under the guidance of the Head of our Communications Department.
1. Role and responsibilities The Communications & Media Coordinator will be responsible for managing all media relations, content development, social media and corporate communications for IDMC and including the communications pack for the 2018 Global Report on Internal Displacement, as well as producing communications materials for online and traditional usage.
1. Develop annual media relations strategy to ensure IDMC’s work and opinions are regularly featured in international, regional and national media outlets
2. Implement media strategy including media briefings, relationship development with journalists, missions for director, identifying opportunities for opinion pieces and articles throughout the year, drafting content in consultation with other departments
3. Manage pool of expertise writers and commission work as required
4. Develop and implement the communications plan for the Global Report on Internal Displacement
5. Develop and manage a social media strategy using innovation and advertising
6. Contribute to and help to implement IDMC’s communication and website strategies
7. Draft materials for the media, website and social media (including speeches, articles, talking points, and drafting/editing blog posts) for a variety of audiences
8. Work with Policy & research department to develop range of position statements which will be updated accordingly
9. Work with Data & Analysis department to develop articles describing projects under development and their potential
10. Work with Publications Coordinator to develop infographics and assets to illustrate the key figures produced by IDMC
11. Work with the Website Coordinator to ensure content is provided in a timely way in consultation with website page authors
12. Develop corporate materials (brochures, newsletters, quarterly updates)
13. Work with Business Development Manager to develop Appeal and Annual Report publications
14. Provide communications support to promote IDMC products via the media, website and social media
15. Carry out media briefings to coincide with key report launches or key events
Policy and Research: Ongoing engagement with researchers/writers in the policy and research department to ensure that materials are developed in line with policy and research objectives
Engagement with NRC communications to share messaging, develop launch strategies for global reports and other key reports to ensure communications strategies are in line with social media and digital strategies
Publications Coordinator: Ensure coordinated approach to forward planning and the editorial calendar
Website Coordinator: Ensure content and technical developments for the website at aligned
Head of Communications: Assist with development of strategic plans and deputise as required.
University degree or the equivalent professional qualification in relevant subject
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in communications for an international organisation
Proven track record in delivering accurate and impactful editorial copy
Proven ability to analyse complex information from different sources and synthesise this information into concise, jargon-free press releases, articles, blogs, speeches and talking points
Professional experience of managing web and digital media platforms, including demonstrable experience in audience growth and engagement on social media
Proven ability to write for digital audiences in a way that is both accurate and engaging
Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Previous working experience within the humanitarian sector preferred
Experience of working sensitively and responsibly on complex issues
Excellent verbal communications skills, and an ability to operate at all levels within the NRC and IDMC organisation(s)
Communicating with impact and respect
Creativity and ability to ‘think outside the box’
Planning and delivering results
Working with people
Deadline for applications is 16 March 2018.
Please note that for reasons related to the procedure for work permits in Switzerland, only candidates with an EU or EFTA nationality can be considered for this role. Please send your application by email to email@example.com and please put your name in the subject title.
Make sure your application contains the following documents:
copy of your EU/EFTA passport
Only complete application files will be considered.
The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) is an international organisation that helps its 63 partners achieve good governance of the security and justice sector. The organisation works with governments, parliaments, security and justice providers, international organisations, civil society and media to assist the development of transparent and accountable governance of the security sector. The Middle East and North Africa Division is seeking a highly motivated and creative person for the position of Project Officer – Database and web management Expert (100%) at its headquarters in Geneva:
Your mission You will be responsible for the editing, maintenance and overall management of legal databases, websites and social media activities of the MENA Division, while contributing to the development and improvement of communication strategies, tools and practices.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Edit the content, maintain and manage online databases, especially DCAF’s legal databases for the security sector in MENA countries
Monitor and manage the content, performance and quality of the MENA Division websites
Manage, develop and improve the Division’s social media activities and products
Contribute to the design, development and consolidation of efficient communication strategies, including channels, tools and practices to support MENA operations
Develop innovative digital products to support MENA operations
Liaise with country offices in MENA countries and ensure the harmonization of their on-line products and activities
Plan, organise and coordinate the work of staff and external experts
Liaise with technical service providers
Master’s degree in law, political science, communication, business or another relevant area
A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a similar position
A proven understanding of legal terminology, and experience in managing databases, preferably legal ones
A solid grasp of emerging technologies, including online projects, databases and social media
Knowledge of the political, security and social environment in the MENA region would be an asset
Excellent command of English and good knowledge of French. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
Excellent writing skills in English and/or French
Please send your dossier with the reference «PODWM 2018» to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 February 2018:
a one-page cover letter in English describing your story and what you would bring us