This page contains communication job opportunities in the Geneva region and beyond. In addition, you can search for jobs on the following sites: www.jobpilot.ch ; www.monster.ch ; www.jobup.ch ; www.topjobs.ch ; www.jobsingeneva.com ; http://www.careerjet.ch
If you would like us to feature a job posting on this page, please email the details to email@example.com. There is no charge for this service.
26 September 2014 – Communications Intern
The Kofi Annan Foundation is an independent non-profit organisation, legally incorporated in Switzerland in 2007. It serves as a platform to deploy Kofi Annan’s attributes, to catalyse new thinking, commitment and solutions to emerging global challenges.
The objectives of the Foundation are to support Mr. Annan in applying his unique experience and moral authority to help address global issues, to build and preserve peace
through mediation and conflict prevention, and help to ensure that the benefits of globalization are equitably shared through poverty reduction, good governance, human rights and the rule of law.
The Foundation is looking for a Communications Intern with the following desired profile
• a recent graduate with some work experience and keen interest in communications and current affairs. You want to enter the world of international organisations and are particularly interested in communications work.
• a native English speaker with excellent writing skills which you enjoy putting to use. Good French is a definite added value. You have gathered some experience in communications, be it as a writer and/or in the communications department of an NGO or an international organisation. Experience as an intern or with your university newspaper counts.
• manage digital tools, such as power-point and excel, quite easily. Some experience with content management software for websites is a definite added value.
• social-media savvy and understand how best to use Facebook, twitter and similar sites to put across key messages.
• a very keen eye for design and like to make sure that the website is not just up to date but looks great too. You should have some knowledge of the ins and outs of Photoshop and in-design software to make infographics and enhance photographs.
• structured and you like to keep your databases and photo-libraries neat and organized. You do not need to be reminded to keep the unit’s databases, the planning calendar or other back-office tools you manage, updated.
• pro-active and do not wait until someone suggests a better way of doing things, you take the initiative and propose improvements yourself.
• walk the extra-mile to get the job done. When it comes to communications, you are a perfectionist. Core tasks
Under the guidance and supervision of the Communications Officer, the Communications the Intern will:
• Draft features for the website;
• Assist in managing the Foundation’s social media platforms and actively propose social media initiatives supporting the overall communications efforts;
• Monitor the media, and when required, produce reports summarizing coverage on key topics;
• Upload and manage content provided by the Communications Officer and other staff members across the various digital platforms (website, twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc), and keep the website up to date.
• Use design software such as Photoshop for products destined for the Foundation’s digital platforms;
• Maintain and update the Communications department’s planning calendar, and other databases;
• Organize and manage the photo-library;
• Liaise with the Foundation’s digital service providers, producing digital content such as infographics, etc;
• Manage mailing lists; and
• Support the Communications Officer with any other task.
• Internships at the Foundation are non-paid but a stipend of up to 1500 Swiss Francs per month will be offered to assist with living expenses. The stipend is subject to Swiss/Geneva law on social charges and taxation.
How to Apply
Please send your CV with a letter of motivation in English to HR@kofiannanfoundation.org
by 09h00 CET Thursday, 09 October 2014. A written test may be part of the recruitment process. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
16 September 201 4 – Powerpoint Specialist wanted – Charles Cannon, Geneva
Creative agency in Geneva is seeking a PowerPoint specialist who will format, update, and enhance business-to-business presentations at all stages of development for fast-paced multinational clients. You will have a firm grasp of using slide styles, creating templates, and adding multi-media elements to craft customised materials that are strongly branded. You not only have the skills to make the presentations look polished, but are willing to read the content and apply a logical approach to how the message is communicated. You have a background using powerpoint for large companies and communicating with stakeholders directly to arrive at final content, employing strong project management skills to deliver against deadline. Experience with graphic design software a plus, such as InDesign, and must be willing to learn and work with a team.
- Native level of English.
-This job is in Geneva and in-house only.
If interested, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10 September 2014 – Communication Manager, International Seed Federation, Nyon, Switzerland
The International Seed Federation (www.worldseed.org) seeks a Communications Manager whose task will be to develop and execute a communications strategy for the seed industry. As the ISF Secretariat is a small team the role played will be varied and the candidate must be strong both in strategic thinking and execution.
The incumbent will report directly to the Secretary General. The post is located in Nyon, Switzerland and entails travel. The position is to be filled immediately.
The ISF’s mission is to facilitate the international movement of seed, related know-how and technology; to mobilize and represent the seed industry at a global level; to keep its members informed; and to promote the interests and the image of the seed industry.
Description of tasks and responsibilities
o Develop a communication strategy covering print, broadcast and online media
– Manage media inquiries and interview requests
– Explore appropriate speaking opportunities for key executives or functional specialists
– Liaise with colleagues, executives and key spokespersons in the seed industry
o Coordinate communications (press conferences, webcasts and other types) on ISF activities
worldwide in close cooperation with national seed associations and other partners
o Manage the ISF webpage and social media presence
o Research, write, edit and prepare a wide range of communications, such as press releases,
articles, presentations, speeches, brochures, etc., on ISF and industry related matters
o Write and edit communications to ISF Members on industry related issues
o Advise and support colleagues in their internal communication activities
o Support the activities of ISF’s working group on communications
o Assist with internal preparation and dissemination of information for events, meetings, and
Skills and abilities
Proven ability to write, edit, and proofread electronically-based high quality communications for
targeted audiences, and the ability to convey complex issues in a simple and succinct manner.
Must be fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages (Spanish, French or German) is desirable.
o Team player, ability to work with culturally diverse persons, good interpersonal skills and diplomatic
o Analytical, highly organized and pays attention to details
o Able to cope with tight deadlines
Minimum three years of relevant experience. Experience in the seed industry strongly preferred. Contact: Please send your CV before 30 Sept 2014 to email@example.com marked to the attention of the Secretary General. Confidentiality will be assured.
1 September 2014 – International Communications Coordinator (ICC), Geneva
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 19 sections, 24 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested. MSF International also provides administrative support to the MSF Access Campaign.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
On major crises and global topics, the International Communication Coordinator works directly with the International Medical Secretary, the International President and the Humanitarian Advocacy and Representation Coordinator. Where needed, S/he also works closely with the International Fundraising Coordinator.
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
- Coordinating the DirCom platform;
- Stimulating joint messaging and positioning on major complex crises and global dossiers;
- Through the management team, contributing to the direction and policies of the IO;
- Coordinating the IO communication team and resources;
- Stimulating collaboration and resource-sharing across the MSF communication network;
- Brokering agreements on the implementation of international communication dossiers at the level of the DirCom and broader MSF communication network;
- Managing the MSF brand internationally.
V. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate the DirCom platform:
- Organise, prepare and record meetings and teleconferences of the DirCom platform;
- Monitor progress on the DirCom Work Plan and dossiers;
- Ensure appropriation and when required guidance on messaging and positioning on major complex crises and global dossiers
- Identify needs for exchange between the DirCom platform and other platforms (ExCom, RIOD, DirFund)
- Ensure that decisions regarding communication made in executive platforms are understood and implemented throughout MSF’s communication network
2. Stimulate joint messaging and positioning on major complex crises and global dossiers:
- On major crises with high levels of complexity, work with the DirCom platform and (part of) the IO management team on timely and relevant public positioning that promotes MSF’s concerns and understanding of MSF’s principles;
- On global topics, work with the HART team and Access Campaign on communication and positioning strategies for generating messages and communication strategies, and give guidance on them to the broader MSF network;
- Support senior IO staff, particularly the International President and Secretary General, in public communication, reflecting the priorities and concerns of the Operational Centres;
- Analyse MSF’s overall operational communication and report on trends to the DirCom platform and the IO management team
3. Through the management team, contribute to the direction and policies of the IO:
- Be an active contributor within the IO management team
- Contribute to the ongoing development of IO best practice and give active support to the internal communication on IO policies, priorities and achievements;
- Report to the IO management team regularly on the priorities and achievements of the IO communication team.
4. Coordinate the IO communication team and resources:
- Lead the IO communication team, setting objectives and giving guidance for activities of the team members;
- Stimulate coherence and collaboration across the IO communication team, and between team members and the broader communication network of MSF;
- Take charge of all aspects of HR management for the team, including recruitment and evaluations;
- Oversee the ongoing development of the international website, Twitter account, app, and International Activity report
- Prepare and monitor budgets for all activities of the IO communication team.
5. Stimulate collaboration and resource-sharing across the MSF communication network:
- Work with the Heads of Communication of all MSF entities on exchanging best practice, collaboration on projects, exchange of staff, and sharing of tools;
- Stimulate mutual accountability on the deployment and use of communication resources across the movement;
- Broker agreements on the implementation of international communication dossiers at the level of the DirCom and broader MSF communication network;
- Source communication staff for leading – or contributing to – dossiers identified by the DirCom platform;
- Propose and initiate projects that lead to optimisation of resources and sharing of tools.
6. Manage the MSF brand internationally:
- Advise sections, and particularly new entities, on the correct use of the MSF brand and logo;
- With the legal department, continue development of brand and logo guidelines, both for use in entities and in the field;
- Monitor the use of MSF’s brand and logo and intervene when incorrect use may impact on MSF’s reputation and activities.
VI. PROFILE REQUIREMENTS
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in communication management for MSF
- Strong leadership skills, coupled with a well-developed sense of diplomacy and collaboration
- Solid understanding of dilemmas associated with humanitarian assistance
- Ability to understand the needs and constraints of operations
- Native or near-native command of English, spoken and in writing
- Spoken French; other languages are an asset
- Strong communication skills, oral and in writing, and ability to adapt to a wide range of audiences
- Professional experience in crisis communication management
- Good understanding of both traditional and new media
- Excellence in leading and organising work on various dossiers simultaneously
- Ability to handle large volumes of work under pressure and to deliver quality outputs within short deadlines
- Strong team player with the ability and interpersonal skills to succeed in a geographically dispersed team and interact at all levels within MSF
- Flexible and willing to travel often to MSF offices and the field
Deadline for applications: 10 September 2014
Please submit all applications only by email to: IOfirstname.lastname@example.org stating “ICC” in the title. Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
26 August 2014 – Senior Communications Officer, The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC), Geneva
The ICMC is an international operating non-governmental organization serving and protecting uprooted people – refugees, internally displaced persons and migrants –regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. ICMC advocates for rights-based policies and durable solutions directly and through a worldwide network of member bishops conferences, and alongside government and non-governmental partners.
Further development and implementation ICMC’s Communications Strategy
Ensure a high standard of all ICMC’s written external communications material
Manage the website in line with organizational, institutional and advocacy objectives.
Manage ICMCs visibility in line with organizational institutional and advocacy objectives
Meet annual communications targets, including the Annual Report and newsletters, ensuring their implementation and timely delivery
Liaise with heads of department, field offices, and partners to ensure flow of information and consistency of branding and communications across ICMC’s work.
1. Strong commitment to ICMC’s vision, mission and objectives as well as respect and understanding of Catholic Social Teaching
2. A Masters’ in communications, journalism, political science, international relations or equivalent field
3. Minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in communications preferably within an international organization.
4. Excellent command of the English language, and proven ability to write for different audiences
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders from various institutions at all levels
6. Ability to analyze complex information from different sources and to synthesize information into concise, jargon-free briefs and communications documents, including press releases, blogs, speeches and talking points.
7. Proactive approach to setting and meeting deadlines with limited supervision.
8. Flexibility, creativity and effectiveness working collaboratively within a multicultural environment.
9. A positive can-do attitude and ability to inspire trust
10. Fully computer literate – skilled and confident user of office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email.
11. Experience with wordpress
12. Fluency in English, with strong spoken and written French and Spanish desirable.
To apply, interested candidates should submit the following:
1. CV with references
2. A motivation letter
3. One writing sample
To Mr. Johan Ketelers, Secretary General, at email@example.com by 20 September 2014.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified. ICMC is committed to equal opportunities for applicants and employees.