This page contains communication job opportunities in the Geneva region and beyond. In addition, you can search for jobs on the following sites: www.jobpilot.ch ; www.monster.ch ; www.jobup.ch ; www.topjobs.ch ; www.jobsingeneva.com ; http://www.careerjet.ch
If you would like us to feature a job posting on this page, please email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge for this service.
1 July 2014 – Communications Expert, United Postal Union Bern (5 month contract)
Under the supervision of the Communication Programme Manager, the incumbent will assist with, but not be limited to :
- Researching and writing press releases and web content;
- Preparing backgrounders and other media briefing papers;
- Helping to strengthen relations with the United Nations (UN) correspondents based in Geneva, UN Radio and Television, the trade press covering postal issues specifically, and the global media at large;
- Helping with media relations in the lead-up to World Post Day and the Strategy Conference;
- When appropriate, writing opinion pieces to pitch to the editorial boards of influential media;
- Seeking media interview opportunities for the Universal Postal Union (UPU) on topics we wish to push and highlight;
- Monitoring UPU press activity and, when opportune, contributing letters to the editor on topics covered in major news outlets where the UPU could share a position or opinion.
Five years work experience in communication or public relations.
- Excellent writing and editing skills for print and electronic journalism;
- Ability to think strategically and develop communication plans; shape key messages; identify target audiences;
- Experience with audio and video media;
- Good project management skills;
- Good knowledge of modern public relations methods and desktop publishing tools;
- Good knowledge of the mainstream and specialized press;
- Knowledge of new electronic tools and social media networks;
- Knowledge of the international communications environment an asset.
Skills and abilities / competencies:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good analytical skills and ability to make clear presentations;
- Enthusiasm, diplomacy and accuracy;
- Priorities management; ability to work against tight deadlines.
18 June 2014 – Manager Internal Communications – IATA, Geneva
Reporting to the VP Corporate Communications the incumbent will work in close coordination with other members of the internal communications team to deliver IATA’s internal communications strategy.
The primary responsibility of this position is to continuously improve alignment and engagement across the IATA employee population by delivering the internal communications strategy in collaboration with the existing internal communications manager. This includes:
1. Leading the development and implementation of internal communications content, initiatives and regular activities.
2. Helping regions and divisions achieve their business goals with targeted internal communications activities.
3. Partnering with People, Performance and Development in aligned efforts/activities to achieve the strategic goal of making IATA a great place to work.
4. Building an organization-wide culture that will make the new “social intranet” a critical business tool for all IATA employees on a daily basis.
5. Implementing a strategic communications program to make the work of the senior leadership team accessible and relevant to IATA’s worldwide employee community.
Qualifications and Skills
University degree and at least 6 years of internal communications experience. A successful track record in supporting culture change programs, intranet adoption, and/or senior leadership communications will be an asset.
Exceptional people and communications skills.
Professional fluency in English (written and oral) is mandatory. Other language capabilities will be an asset.
Excellent organizational skills, the ability to coordinate across departments, and the capability to meet tight deadlines.
Significant experience in delivering internal communications programs using online resources (including internal social media functions).
Self-starter who is able to achieve results by aligning and motivating employees across divisions and geographies.
More details and application through www.iata.org/careers
16 June 2014 – Part-time Communication Specialist – Franciscans International (FI)
Mission: Implement communication-related tasks and develop a communication strategy
- Write and release articles about FI work and outcomes to be included into various internal and external, printed
and digital media;
- Prepare and release FI monthly newsletter;
- Assist with drafting and editing other FI publications;
- Clean up and rationalise the website;
- Manage web content;
- Define a communication strategy by December 2014 (including evaluation, coordination of process, plan of
- Work in coordination with advocacy and fundraising departments to ensure consistency of FI communication,
under the supervision of FI Director.
Candidate profile and other requirements:
- exceptional writing and editing communication skills in English (fluency in French, German or Spanish also an
- highly proficient in communicating: be articulate, persuasive, creative and inspiring;
- proven track record in communication for non-profits or on human rights;
- interest and/or involvement in human rights, development or cooperation;
- university degree in a relevant discipline such as journalism, public relations, political sciences, international
relations, marketing, etc.;
- highly motivated, energetic and resourceful personality, with a sense of initiative;
- good inter-personal skills: ability to work in a team as well as autonomously;
- Swiss citizenship or valid permit to work in Switzerland (precondition).
- Opportunity to take an active part in developing the organisation through enhancing its communication and
- Engagement in human rights advocacy work and connections with many international and grassroots
stakeholders operating in the human rights’ sphere;
- Institutional culture based on solidarity as well as results in work;
- Opportunity to work in a multi-cultural team;
- A salary based upon average wages in human rights NGOs in Geneva (also depending on the experience of the
- Location: FI office (headquarter) in Geneva (37-39 rue de Vermont);
- Expected start date: as soon as possible upon mutual agreement;
- Working time: part-time (between 40-50% depending on mutual agreement; with a possibility to increase).
How to apply:
- Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com, specifying “Communication Specialist” as
- Applications should contain: short letter of motivation (1 page max.); CV; contact details of 2 referees;
- Applications should be in English;
- Deadline for submission of applications: July 15, 2014.
5 June 2014 – Interim Head of Projects and Development – PEFC, Geneva (6 months).
PEFC is the world’s largest forest certification system. Their credible standards seek to transform the way forests are managed globally – and locally – to ensure all can enjoy the environmental, social and economic benefits that forests offer.
In a 6 month maternity cover role, you will be leading the Projects & Development Unit. The ideal candidate will bring with them a combination of relevant knowledge and experience in the field of international development, forestry and environmental issues.
The Projects & Development Unit is focused on strategically advancing the growth of PEFC globally, through designing and delivering a diverse portfolio of projects and initiatives. In this role, you will:
-Oversee the delivery of the Unit’s workplan and budget, providing management support to Project Officer, Consultants and Interns;
-Provide strategic direction to partners and oversee management of PEFC’s project portfolio at international, regional, national and local levels;
-Support the continued rollout of PEFC’s support service to guide organizations developing national certification systems;
-Identify and secure new funding streams for projects, partners and related initiatives;
-Establish and contribute to partnerships and alliances that strengthen PEFC’s network, including PEFC’s International Stakeholder members;
-Lead the development of PEFC’s annual Stakeholder Dialogue event
-Represent PEFC during key events, stakeholder outreach and media engagement
-Advanced University degree(s) in Forestry, Environmental Science or related studies;
-At least ten years of relevant professional experience;
-Experience leading a team and delivering on long-term program strategies;
-Proven track record fundraising, business development and possession of strong professional networks;
-Comfortable networking and collaborating internationally with a broad spectrum of stakeholders;
-Strong expertise on forest certification, supply chain development and standard setting processes
-Flexible, pro-active and dynamic. Able to work autonomously and as part of a small, highly professional and motivated team;
-Fluent in English, additional language desirable;
5 June 2014 – Communications Officer – IEC, Geneva
Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing and Communications your tasks will include:
• Writing content for and coordinating the production of articles for internal and external publications, brochures and other promotional material
• Helping prepare audiovisual and interactive content for use on the website and in social media
• Developing and updating marketing and informational content for IEC websites, blogs and social networking sites
• Helping prepare media material, press releases, media lists and participate in the follow-up
• Contributing to IEC social media activities on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest
• Lending support to professionalize our internal communication activities and Intranet
• Editing and proof-reading texts
Candidates, Swiss or valid work permit, are invited to submit their letter of motivation and CV in English, together with work certificates and references, to the following e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Replies will only be given to short-listed candidates.
Full job description here >> (pdf)
2 June 2014 – Senior Communications Officer, ITU Geneva
ITU is inviting applications for the post of Senior Communications Officer, Telecommunication Standardization Bureau (TSB), at ITU Headquarters in Geneva.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing TSB’s communication strategy. Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills are required, and particularly important will be an ability to repackage technical texts or concepts into a language accessible to non-specialists.
Applicants should have at least seven years of progressively responsible experience in communications, external relations or public relations work, including at least three at the international level. A Doctorate in a related field can be considered as a substitute for three years of working experience.
The incumbent will have responsibility for establishing and maintaining dynamic relationships with the ITU’s Telecommunication Standardization Sector (ITU-T) membership, other key players in information and communication technology (ICT), the press and media. They will consult and advise TSB senior management on the positioning of messages to various audiences and develop the partnerships required to fulfil associated communications objectives. Experience in the use of new media would be an advantage, with the incumbent responsible for the identification and utilization of emerging multimedia communications platforms.
An attractive package of salary (140,699-182,323 USD without dependents; 151,091-197,112USD with dependents [Net of Tax]) plus international allowances and benefits is on offer (subject to eligibility).
The closing date for applications is 7 July 2014.
A detailed vacancy notice and application form, including remuneration, can be found in ITU’svacancy notices list.
Applications using the form must be sent by email to email@example.com to ITU Human Resources Administration Division, Place des Nations, CH-1211, Geneva 20, Switzerland. Applications must reach ITU by the closing date.
19 May 2014 – Head of External Communications / Media Relations – 100%position, reporting to the Head of Corp. Communications, Barry Callebaut AG,
Barry Callebaut, the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products for the entire food industry (B2B), with annual sales of about CHF 5 billion, 8500 employees, 50 factories and a presence in more than 30 countries, wants to become more visible in business, financial and general media in a number of key countries, including Switzerland (where Barry Callebaut is headquartered and listed), Belgium, France, Germany, the US and select countries in Asia-Pacific. The function Head of External Communications / Media Relations is part of the Corporate Communications team and based at the company’s head office in Zurich/Switzerland. The Corporate Communications team is small so the role is very varied and the jobholder must be both a strong strategic thinker and willing to execute.
External communications strategy & planning
Develop external communications / media relations strategy, seeking high-level coverage in print, broadcast and online media (business, financial and general media)
Coordinate all public relations activities worldwide and in close cooperation with the Head of Communications in Asia-Pacific and the MarComm responsibles in the business / regions
Support and closely work with Head of Digital Communications to engage audiences across traditional and new media
Work closely with Internal Communications Manager to align external and internal communication
Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business, financial and general media
Manage media inquiries and interview requests
Create content for press releases, byline articles, (keynote) presentations, brochures, Annual Report and the company’s online channels
Monitor, analyze and communicate results of external communication on a regular basis
Evaluate appropriate speaking opportunities for key executives or functional specialists
Maintain a deep understanding of the company’s business and industry trends in order to make appropriate recommendations regarding external communication
Organize events, such as press conferences, webcasts and press trips
Develop a crisis communication management; manage crisis communication with all stakeholders in a crisis situation
Managing, coaching & providing counsel
Manages and drives the international network of PR agencies and (marketing communication or business) colleagues in the business; manages the external communications budget
Manages special projects
Liaises with executives, colleagues and key spokespeople
Advises and supports BC executives and colleagues in their media / external communications activities
Writes and edits different types of news releases, articles, presentations, speeches, brochures, annual report as well as pieces for the company’s online channels (short messages for BC’s website, blog entries and similar) – which may all require a different writing style
Teamwork and coaching
Team player, cooperates on projects with the internal communication team, the event organizer, the Head of Investor Relations, Head of Digital Communications, and others
Organizes and prepares media trainings
Coaches executives, helps them prepare for media relations, speeches or similar
Education / background
Proven experience in a similar function with another company (food industry expertise would be an asset)
Experience in financial communication as Corp. Communications writes all financial results announcements, M&A announcements, the general part of the Annual Report, etc.
Good understanding of communications strategy and at the same time willing and able to implement
Strong writing skills, good interpersonal skills
Solid network of media contacts
Highly organized and able to multitask
Pays attention to details
Able to cope with high workload and to work under pressure and against strict and tight deadlines
Willing to travel (mostly in Europe, but also to Africa, the Americas and Asia-Pacific)
Around 10 years’ experience
English mother tongue or very high level of English (both written and spoken; English is our primary working language), good command of German (second working language); ideally also French
Has the potential to deputize for the Head of Corp. Communications
For further information or to apply contact: Manuela Palamara, firstname.lastname@example.org