This page contains communication job opportunities in the Geneva region and beyond. In addition, you can search for jobs on the following sites: www.jobpilot.ch ; www.monster.ch ; www.jobup.ch ; www.topjobs.ch ; www.jobsingeneva.com ; http://www.careerjet.ch
If you would like us to feature a job posting on this page, please email the details to email@example.com. There is no charge for this service.
9 April 2014 – Communication officer – EBU, Geneva
1. Develops and writes a wide range of materials to deliver EBU messages:
brochures, viewpoints, reports, presentations, press releases, web news and other
2. Ensures excellent presentation and timely delivery of briefing materials,
presentations and speeches and other written materials
3. Develops communications strategies and plans (including crisis communications)
for key projects
Tools: video,social media and web
1. Generates and publishes content for the web
2. Identifies and exploits communication opportunities offered by social media
3. Manages video productions
Relations with the media
1. Responds to media enquiries and/or manages questions and ensures appropriate response
2. Monitors media coverage
3. Builds and maintains relationships with key media
4. Contributes to the smooth-running of the EBU’s Communications service as a whole
Specific Qualifications and Experience
- Professional and confident communicator
- Excellent writing skills (English native speaker) with the ability to simplify complex policy issues in understandable, effective messages.
- Experience in developing communications strategies and plans, including crisis comms.
- Use to working with social media in press and communication activities, as well as in online content.
- Knowledge and/or past experience with Web Content Management Systems and photo optimization/editing software (e.g. photoshop) is desirable.
- Experience in public affairs and/or dealing with complex policy issues an asset.
- Ability to handle confidential information with care and discretion.
- Well organized with an ability to exercise initiative and work independently, prioritizing own workload in the most efficient way.
28 March 2014 – Online Community Coordinator – The Lutheran World Federation – Geneva
We are looking for an outgoing and creative Community Coordinator (60%) for our Communications Office. The Community Coordinator helps raise the profile of the work of the Lutheran World Federation through web and social media. The main output expected from this position is overseeing and supporting online communities, assisting on web up-dates as well as some office support.
The position is placed in Geneva, Switzerland. The working language is English.
Desired Skills and Experience
-Degree in communications, event management, social media, marketing or equivalent.
-Knowledge of social media platforms and their use in a professional context.
-Basic knowledge of CMS systems – preferably Drupal.
-In depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
-Ability to manage processes and work to deadlines.
-Organized, self-managing and pro-active personality.
-Great networking skills.
27 March 2013 – Editorial Programme Manager – ISO, Geneva.
The Editorial Programme Manager (EPM) is responsible for the management of the overall editorial development of a set of assigned projects. The EPM needs to maintain the highest degree of quality, clarity, timely delivery and consistency of International Standards and related normative and non-normative documents, as well as conformity with the ISO rules and policies.
In this role you will…
• Prepare the different language versions of a document (English being the reference language) for subsequent processing and authorize the publication
• Handle the editorial evaluation of English versions of documents at different stages, including providing direction, guidance and comments to committees or committee leaders
• Work closely with committee leaders (attending meetings as necessary either in person or via electronic means)
• Handle the resolution of recurring or specific problems with committee leaders
• Provide editorial training or other support to committees
• Manage projects through all stages of the standards development process
• Reach all milestones within tight deadlines, including publication
If you are able to tell successful experiences in…
• Preparing technical documentation for publication using text processors
• Leading successful projects within a global environment at least for the past 5 years
• Building strong relationships with customers
• Operating at appropriate levels in various business environments
…and can bring your…
• Experience and knowledge of assigned market sector(s) or proven ability to acquire and apply such knowledge
• Strong communications skills and ability to influence across the business and to maintain awareness of sensitivities within projects
• Excellent persuasion skills with considerable drive and energy with a will to succeed
• Leadership capabilities, ability to adapt quickly to different environments and to work under pressure
• Ability to work both as part of a team in a production environment as well as autonomously
Last but not least being proactive, pragmatic and solution oriented, confident, positive, open to change and innovation, with a “can-do” attitude is our dream profile. Oh and… You have a university degree, fluency in English is essential, with excellent writing skills, while knowledge of French and any other language will more than help. Experience in a standardization-related organization and knowledge of XML are an asset.
…then send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org (ref. EPM) by 10 April 2014!
NB: please note that we only can consider candidates with a valid work permit for Switzerland or EU countries nationals.