This page contains communication job opportunities in the Geneva region and beyond. In addition, you can search for jobs on the following sites: www.jobpilot.ch ; www.monster.ch ; www.jobup.ch ; www.topjobs.ch ; www.jobsingeneva.com ; http://www.careerjet.ch
If you would like us to feature a job posting on this page, please email the details to email@example.com. There is no charge for this service.
26 August 2014 – Senior Communications Officer, The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC), Geneva
The ICMC is an international operating non-governmental organization serving and protecting uprooted people – refugees, internally displaced persons and migrants –regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. ICMC advocates for rights-based policies and durable solutions directly and through a worldwide network of member bishops conferences, and alongside government and non-governmental partners.
Further development and implementation ICMC’s Communications Strategy
Ensure a high standard of all ICMC’s written external communications material
Manage the website in line with organizational, institutional and advocacy objectives.
Manage ICMCs visibility in line with organizational institutional and advocacy objectives
Meet annual communications targets, including the Annual Report and newsletters, ensuring their implementation and timely delivery
Liaise with heads of department, field offices, and partners to ensure flow of information and consistency of branding and communications across ICMC’s work.
1. Strong commitment to ICMC’s vision, mission and objectives as well as respect and understanding of Catholic Social Teaching
2. A Masters’ in communications, journalism, political science, international relations or equivalent field
3. Minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in communications preferably within an international organization.
4. Excellent command of the English language, and proven ability to write for different audiences
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders from various institutions at all levels
6. Ability to analyze complex information from different sources and to synthesize information into concise, jargon-free briefs and communications documents, including press releases, blogs, speeches and talking points.
7. Proactive approach to setting and meeting deadlines with limited supervision.
8. Flexibility, creativity and effectiveness working collaboratively within a multicultural environment.
9. A positive can-do attitude and ability to inspire trust
10. Fully computer literate – skilled and confident user of office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email.
11. Experience with wordpress
12. Fluency in English, with strong spoken and written French and Spanish desirable.
To apply, interested candidates should submit the following:
1. CV with references
2. A motivation letter
3. One writing sample
To Mr. Johan Ketelers, Secretary General, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 September 2014.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified. ICMC is committed to equal opportunities for applicants and employees.
13 August 2014 – Website Assistant (50%), Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining (GICHD), Geneva
Duration: 1 year, with eligibility for long-term extension
Closing date for applications : 31 August 2014
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
⋅ Experience of 2-3 years in relation with web communication and content management
⋅ Competence in copy-editing texts in English for web publication
⋅ Knowledge and practice of HTML, Typo 3 and Photoshop is desired
⋅ Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
⋅ Excellent level (mother-tongue) in spoken and written English is essential; knowledge of French as a working language is desired
⋅ Ability to interact effectively with colleagues of diverse cultures; respect for diversity
⋅ Fast learner, with the ability to work autonomously as well as to coordinate with the team
⋅ Interest for multimedia tools and technologies
⋅ Holder of a valid resident or work permit in Switzerland, or Swiss national
Please provide your application (detailed CV, motivation letter and any other documentation that you deem useful in support of your application) in English, including your earliest date of availability. Address for applications: Ms. Laurence Clarke-Schaller, GICHD Human Resources Manager Email: email@example.com
For further information please contact us on 022 730 9302 or firstname.lastname@example.org
08 August 2014 – Consultancy to run a social media campaign, Inter-Parliamentary Union, Geneva
The Inter-Parliamentary Union is looking to hire a consultant to design and implement a social media campaign for the International Day of Democracy (15 September). The theme of the Day is “Engaging youth on democracy”.
The work will be over the period mid-August to end-September 2014. The consultant should have a background in communications, with excellent writing skills and knowledge of graphic design tools, as well as experience in using Facebook and Twitter to engage young people on thematic issues.
To apply or for further information, please contact Andy Richardson (email@example.com) with a CV and details of social media campaigns that you have worked on.