This page contains communication job opportunities in the Geneva region and beyond. In addition, you can search for jobs on the following sites: www.jobpilot.ch ; www.monster.ch ; www.jobup.ch ; www.topjobs.ch ; www.jobsingeneva.com ; http://www.careerjet.ch
If you would like us to feature a job posting on this page, please email the details to email@example.com. There is no charge for this service.
30 November 2014 – Communication officer, IndustriALL Global Union
IndustriALL is seeking a new communications officer to be an active part of our communications team, also working in cooperation with our organizing and campaigns director, industrial and trade union building teams and regional offices.
This full time position is based in Geneva and involves some travel.
Your main tasks will be:
- Actively increase IndustriALL’s presence in our digital channels through a strategic approach
- Mobilize support for IndustriALL’s campaigns through communications
- Keep ahead on relevant e-campaigning tools for the organization
- Produce content for our web site and other digital channels
- Contribute to team work as a member of IndustriALL’s communications team in the Geneva head office
- Several years of experience of communication work, preferably for a trade union or related organization at national and/or international level with a strong digital profile
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of another major language is a welcome asset
- You are well organized, flexible and reliable
- You are capable of working in a team and with people from different countries and cultures
Applications by 3 December 2015
Please send your application including a CV and motivation letter by e-mail to IndustriALL’s communications director Petra Brännmark at firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest by 2 December 2015.
25 November 2015 – Consultancy, UNICEF
Unicef is looking for a consultant to develop a regional communication and public advocacy strategy in Central & Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultant to develop a coherent regional communication and public advocacy strategy for Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia that is aligned with existing and evolving programmatic, advocacy and communications strategies at the global and country levels. The strategy will support the achievement of the objectives of the Regional Knowledge and Leadership Agenda (RKLA), contribute to the objectives of UNICEF’s global communication and public advocacy strategy and UNICEF’s global brand strategy, and help guide and mutually influence the development of individual country communication and advocacy strategies in the region. The strategy will also take into account relevant elements of the post-2015 sustainable development agenda, within the context of the Europe and Central Asia region.
Scope of work and tasks
- Under the direction of the Regional Chief of Communication and in consultation with other regional and country office staff, the consultant will:
- Develop an initial schedule of work for the contract period
- Review and analyse relevant materials, including: UNICEF’s Global Communication and Public Advocacy Strategy 2014-2107; UNICEF brand strategy; UNICEF; C4D Strategic Vision and Policy Framework for Implementation of UNICEF Strategic Plan 2014-2017; the Regional Knowledge and Leadership Agenda; WIN/Gallup brand survey; draft materials on regional strategy development; regional (and select country) programme/s, regional corporate engagement framework/strategy; advocacy and resource mobilization priorities and strategies; digital and media landscape analyses; regional geopolitical and situation analysis reports; relevant National Committee strategy materials; select national communication strategies).
- Conduct in-depth interviews with key internal and external stakeholders at global, regional, country and National Committee levels.
- Based on above insights, conduct a regional SWOT analysis in relation to priorities and communications objectives
- Determine the scope and components of the regional communication and advocacy strategy (regional communication, advocacy and brand objectives; regional situation analysis/SWOT analysis; prioritized options to address outcomes of SWOT analysis and achieve objectives; resources; audiences; tactics and channels; action plan for implementation; measurement of outcomes with appropriate indicators).
- Develop draft regional communications and advocacy strategy and associated presentation materials for discussion with key global, regional and national stakeholders.
Finalise strategy development based on feedback and input from key stakeholders.
- Develop action plan for implementing regional communications and advocacy strategy.
- Develop guidance to support the development or elaboration of select country communication strategies.
- Advanced University degree in journalism, communication, international relations, political or social sciences, human rights, or comparable academic qualifications or equivalent work experience.
- At least 10 years of progressively advanced experience in strategic communications, which must include developing communications and advocacy strategies at the global, regional or national level.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the work of UNICEF and/or international development, humanitarian, and child rights issues.
- Excellent knowledge of English is required – strong communication skills (written and oral) in English are a necessity.
- Proven skills in conceptualizing and developing communication and advocacy strategies and developing actions plans for implementation.
- Proven ability to think critically and seek out, synthesize and interpret large amounts of information.
- Ability to work with incomplete information and diverse views and opinions.
- Concrete experience of fostering open dialogue, building trust and engaging key stakeholders.
- Experience of using analytical tools to inform strategic analysis.
- Expertise in using MS Office software and carrying out research and data analysis.
For more information, please click on http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_86355.html
24 November 2015 – Digital Media, Website and Communication 80-100%, Globethics.net
Globethics.net is looking for a person with a strong background and track record in communication and website development, proven capacity for project management and innovation in the not for profit, IGO or private sectors and an up to date knowledge and awareness of current trends in online com-munication.
• Strategic responsibility and project management for the development of the Globethics.net website platform and use of digital media and adaptation to mobile devices in coordination with the Management Team and staff
• Strategic development of online communication, of online networks/communities and of part-nerships in order to improve web presence and knowledge sharing through the platform
• Webmaster for content management of the platform
• Project management and coordination of the development of the website platform with service providers and Head Office staff, especially with the online network and library staff
• Responsibility for digital innovation in line with the strategic goals and objectives of the organi-sation including research and development activities
• Development of funding proposals in conjunction with other Globethics.net staff
• Digital media support for online ethics courses
• Reporting to the Executive Director and Management Team of Globethics.net
• University degree in digital media or equivalent and communication proficiency
• Experience with website platform development and basic data mining technologies. Knowledge of Liferay would be an advantage
• Strong interest in ethics, digital libraries and online networks and in developments in the field of online platforms and communities
• Very good command of spoken and written English, good command of at least one other lan-guage (fr, ger, sp)
• Ability to work in an international multicultural team
• Ability to manage projects, tasks and deliverables with short deadlines
• Strong analytical skills, innovative approach, curiosity and an eye for detail with the ability to work on own initiative
• Balance between abstract thinking and pragmatism.
The post holder should have a valid work permit or be eligible to work in Switzerland.
Location: The Head Office is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
Starting date: 1 March 2016 or by agreement
Deadline for applications: Midnight on Thursday 3 December 2015
Interested candidates are invited to request further information and to send applications by email to:
17 November 2015 – Corporate Communications Intern, SITA Geneva
SITA is looking for a dynamic intern to help its Corporate Communications team meet its strategic objectives. The Corporate Communications intern will participate in a variety of projects and programs ranging from internal communications, to media relations, crisis communications, training, special projects and administration. This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience, while building a professional portfolio.
Coordinate SITA’s employee newsletter
Research and gather content for SITA’s internal staff business briefing
Help with logistics for SITA’s internal communications audit, including coordinating interviews
Ensure best practices in internal communications are documented and communicated
Provide the first line of support for some of SITA’s established internal communications programs and initiatives, including the “Location Leaders” program and the “Meet & Connect” program with SITA executives
Media relations and crisis communications
Identify and map key stakeholders and journalists on social media
Provide monthly analysis of media relations results
Manage logistics for media training and crisis communications training; help prepare briefings for media training, assist in preparing crisis scenarios for crisis training and participate in the training sessions
Research additional media relations tools and techniques including using Google hangouts for media briefings
Manage and update the SITA spokespersons’ list and ensure biographies and photos of key spokespeople are available
Help keep various sections of the SITA Internet and Intranet updated, including managing a photo project on the STIA brand library.
Design the team’s Sharepoint site and encourage effective use and training for the site
Draft materials including internal guidelines, press releases and media advisories
Requisition and manage purchase orders
Assist with other finance tasks, including budget tracking, as needed
Education & Qualifications
Degree in marketing, public relations, marketing communications or corporate communications preferred
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
1 to 2 years of marketing or communications experience preferred
Knowledge of web technologies and social media
Strong basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Sharepoint software
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Solid research and writing skills
The position is typically for 1 year and there is compensation/salary with this position.
Please send your CV and a motivational letter to: Julius Baumann, Senior Manager Corporate Communications, Julius.Baumann@sita.aero
6 November 2015 – PR & Content Manager, MCI Geneva
The PR & Content Manager leads, develops and manages all aspect of MCI’s media relations and brand reputation, and manages the production of multi-media content and its cross-channel distribution. This high profile and highly visible position will focus on supporting the Group Marketing and Communication Director to create and distribute valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience and drive profitable customer action. This person will also gain high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media, leveraging existing media relationships and cultivating new contacts within the MICE and business media landscape. The person will monitor media coverage and reporting findings to the management of MCI. The person will have journalistic flair and a talent for building meaningful stories, researching and fact-checking.
- Sourcing and producing multi-media content – writing and editing client stories, blog posts, articles, thought leadership papers, e-books, ‘how to’ guides, video scripts
- Planning and maintaining the group editorial calendar and buyer personas
- Managing the MCI Group Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and YouTube channels
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies for group (global and local)
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to media
- Maintaining the media database
- Maintaining press kits
- Answering enquiries from global media
- Analysing media coverage and producing a monthly dashboard report to share with local marketing representatives
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation
DESCRIPTION OF THE RELATIONSHIPS
The PR & Content Manager reports to the Group Marketing & Communications Director
- 3 to 5 years in a role of corporate communications and/or editorial, content and publishing experience
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects from inception to completion, adhering to deadlines and focus on details.
- A clear and concise communicator in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent written and editorial skills, with the ability to present information clearly, concisely and creativity
- Ability to work autonomously and stay motivated in an independent and changing environment
- A proven track record in creating and achieving results
- English mother tongue. French an asset.
- The ability to effectively use current and emerging technologies and platforms, including internet, intranet, newsletter design software, emails, various office productivity software and social media platforms.
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster productive relationships in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Experience in managing content management systems (eg WordPress, SiteCore)
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Adobe and PPT
ADDITIONAL LOCAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness to travel
For further information and to apply, click here>>