Head of Communication & External Relations 80% (F/M/D)
For the Geneva Academy
ACTIVITY RATE: 80% 32 h / w
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19.02.2024
STARTING DATE: as agreed
Introduction of the Academy :
The Geneva Academy provides postgraduate education, conducts academic legal research and policy studies, and organizes training courses and expert meetings. We concentrate on branches of international law that relate to situations of armed conflict, protracted violence, protection of human rights and transitional justice.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of the Geneva Academy, you will be in charge of the Geneva Academy communication and overall external positioning of the institution, and promote its various activities (masters, training courses, research, the Geneva Human Rights Platform, events) in a coherent manner.
You will guarantee the integrity and coherence of the organisation’s external image, in accordance with its values. You will manage the Communication Officer, the Events Assistant and external relations unit and ensure timely deliverables of the highest quality.
- Development and implementation of the communication strategy;
- Management of the Geneva Academy internal and external communication, and media relations to ensure visibility, coherence, accuracy and timeliness of published information
- Management of the communication unit ( budget and finances, staff members) ;
- Production of communication content for publications, the website and social media networks to promote research, publications, the master’s programmes, training courses , the Geneva Human Rights Platform and events ;
- Development and implementation of communication tools, procedures and guidelines to ensure coherence of the Geneva Academy communication, both for internal and external communication ;
- Builds and expands relations with local and international media, responds to queries from local and international media, identifies new media to promote the institutions’ activities;
- Supervise and coordinate the organization of events to ensure coherence among the events organized by the Geneva Academy and the relevance of the communication developed around these events
- Participate in institutional fundraising efforts
- Takes part in the core management of the Geneva Academy and participates in the decision-making process.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Advanced university degree in communication, journalism, international relations, international law, political science or related fields
- At least seven years of experience in public relations, media and communication ideally in the academic, public or civil society sector
- Strong understanding of human rights, international humanitarian law and international criminal law
- Strong experience in web design and graphic design ;
- Excellent commend of both English and French (oral expression and writing)
- Creativity & innovation
- Reactivity and dynamism
- Availability and capacity to work with activity peaks
- Reliability and autonomy
- Problem-solving abilities
- Highly organized and structured
- Sense of diplomacy and responsibility
What you can expect from us:
- A thriving working environment with a dynamic international team.
- A work in partnership with the main humanitarian and human rights institutions and experts.
- A motivating, human, collaborative and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary and the usual package of insurance cover as well as five weeks of holiday
How to apply :
Swiss nationals, persons from the European Union or the European Economic Area, as well as persons with a valid Swiss working permit are invited to submit their applications with
1) a motivation letter
2) CV with two references
3) examples and references to websites, articles or communication products that you’ve created
by 19 February 2024