For those interested, Clowns without Borders UK is looking for a communications manager for an 11 month fixed contract (10 hours per week) working remotely, salary £40,000 Pro Rata: (£1,000 PER MONTH).
As the manager of communications operations you will:
HELP CREATE AND DELIVER THE STRATEGY
- Develop plans that strengthen the brand identity across all networks and stakeholders.
- Conduct an audit of what’s going well and what needs attention.
- Set realistic targets around public awareness, media impressions, email list size, social media followers.
HELP DELIVER COMMS ACTIVITIES
The activities will include:
- Increasing social media engagement through excellent content curation and individual interactions.
- Developing blogs and supporting with content for the newsletter.
- Donor communication; lettings donors know how much they are appreciated.
Passion for Humanitarian Causes
- Be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to humanitarian values and a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of others.
- You must have previous experience working in communications and ideally within the charity sector/fundraising.
Creative and Innovative Mindset
- Bring a creative spark to the team, generating fresh and innovative ideas – “we’re clowns, so there’s a lot of scope!”
- Enjoy exploring new, engaging ways to tell our story.
Exceptional Communication and Storytelling Skills
- Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex messages clearly and compellingly.
- Love crafting narratives and can tell compelling stories that evoke emotion, inspire action and resonate with diverse audiences, from donors to giant International Humanitarian Charities.
Savvy Mindset for Social Media and Tech
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of various social media platforms and their potential for building brand awareness and engagement.
- Enjoy staying up-to-date with social media trends and is excited to leverage these platforms for the charity’s benefit.
- Comfortable with various communication tools and platforms (hoot suite canvas etc), and happy to explore new technologies that can enhance outreach efforts.
Positive, Flexible Approach
- Happy to collaborate but also happy to take the initiative and ‘self-start’ Able to thrive with the demands of a small, busy team.
Please send a copy of your CV or LinkedIn Profile or similar, any links to examples of your work along with a cover letter outlining why you would like to work with Clowns Without Borders UK to email@example.com .