HD has historically maintained a low profile in traditional and social media due to the confidential nature of its projects. However, with the expansion of HD’s operations, there has been an increased need to take communication to the next level and better disseminate the organisation’s activities and results, both internally and externally. The Head of Communications will be responsible for creating and implementing global and regional communication strategies that increase the organisation’s presence on various platforms, especially on social media. Based in Geneva, s/he will also oversee the creation and dissemination of communication materials at the organisational and regional levels.
Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, her/his main responsibilities will be to:
-Design, implement, and manage global and targeted communication strategies, in close coordination with the Senior Management Team;
-Oversee the maintenance of the organisation’s external and internal communication platforms (website, social media accounts, intranet) and track engagement across the various platforms;
-Oversee the creation of various communication materials (annual report, print, video, audio, etc.);
-Manage media relations, create press releases/statements, respond to journalist inquiries;
-Provide communication support to the different project teams;
-Manage the Communications Unit, its consultants, as well as the budget of the unit.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
-At least 10 years of varied and relevant work experience in communications;
-Strong experience in and understanding of social media outreach, social media marketing and analytics;
-Proven experience in the design and implementation of communication and outreach strategies;
-Strong understanding of copywriting/editing, graphic design, layout, and publishing;
-Solid experience in managing content management systems (SharePoint, WordPress, etc);
-Fluency in English (required); knowledge of French is desirable;
-Strong professional writing and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively across cultures and via remote means;
-Highly motivated individual, able to demonstrate initiative and creativity, and confidence in dealing with senior practitioners.
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria defined above, please send a complete file (CV, motivation letter with a maximum of 2 pages) to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org by 08.11.2020.
HD is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit www.hdcentre.org.
UniBE International is the department responsible for implementing internationalisation measures at the University of Bern.
It is seeking to recruit an internal community-engagement specialist to start in January 2021 or by arrangement. The specialist will focus on internal communication about internationalisation targeted at researchers.
-Reporting to the External Relations Manager, the specialist’s responsibilities will include:
-Building communities of current and former researchers to ensure that they are regularly informed about internationalisation measures and opportunities at UniBE, including those offered by membership of The Guild of European Research-Intensive Universities.
-Organising digital and physical events and generating content for multiple communication channels, such as social media, newsletters and webpages, among others, to improve internal outreach;
-Rolling out technical solutions to support, track and analyse implementation, including database and knowledge management and data analytics;
-Keeping up to date with research news and related developments, as well as with relevant trends in digital marketing and best practices in marketing and/or communications.
The ideal candidate has relevant experience in:
-Marketing (and/or communications) particularly in community engagement with demonstrable impact;
-Creating and publishing content across the digital board, including for newsletters and websites;
-Has good knowledge of digital marketing (and/or communications) solutions, metrics, analytics, monitoring and evaluation;
-Is highly skilled in the English language to native level with good writing and editing skills;
-Ideally has good German skills (B2);
-Experience of working with researchers is highly desirable, as is being able to genuinely connect with people from all backgrounds in the university ecosystem and beyond;
-Is educated preferably to degree standard; professional qualifications in marketing and/or communications are desirable;
-Possesses a meticulous eye for detail, research and planning skills and is well organised;
-Works well under pressure and delivers on time and within scope.
To apply, please send your CV (including the names of two professional references), cover letter and recent work samples in a PDF (no larger than 6MB) by email to Faryal Mirza, External Relations Manager, UniBE International, (email@example.com), by October 28, 2020. Questions about the position can also be sent to the same address.
The contract is initially limited to two years with a possibility of extension.
The Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions (GANHRI) is a membership-based alliance of national human rights institutions (NHRIs) which works in close cooperation with the United Nations (UN). GANHRI unites, promotes and strengthens NHRIs to operate in line with the Paris Principles and provides leadership in the promotion and protection of human rights. GANHRI provides a framework for NHRIs to work together and cooperate at the international level through a wide range of activities, including annual meetings, international conferences, networks, training and capacity building activities. To learn more about GANHRI visit our website: www.ganhri.org
About the position
In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak, most of the activities that were initially planned to be face-to-face meetings and events, are now being implemented folowing the modality of virtual events.
These events may take the form of webinars, conferences, institutional meetings and online discussions. In particular GANHRI is planning its Annual Meeting which will gather online its members from all around the world and which will be organised in collaboration with the United Nations Human Rights Office (OHCHR).
The incumbent will be in charge of preparing and facilitating all the logistics and communications for the organisation of the planned online activities and in particular of the GANHRI Annual Meeting. For this reason, this is a temporary, fixed term position for the duration of 3 months, which shall conclude at the latest by the end of 2020.
• Manage all aspects of virtual event planning, before during and after event, meeting strict deadlines and operating within budget constraints:
o Responsibilities typically include selecting the adequate online platform, manage the registration list and in general assist and guide participants and speakers, before and during the event.
• Train and prepare speakers for upcoming events on interfacing with event technology and optimizing presentation style for remote events.
• Coordinate with staff at the head office, partners, vendors, and others to determine and fulfill needs for events and serve as virtual event liaison.
• Assist with following up to the events (recording, reporting, debriefing, etc.)
• Plan, prepare and disseminate relevant communications material designed to informr the members informed about onging and upcoming online events:
o Responsibilities typically include advertising the events, develop press releases, newsletters, update the website and the socia media.
• Document and report on online activities, with written and photo/video material.
• Support with the dissemination of the information.
Related administrative support and any other duties as required.
Training and experience required
• Mater’s degree in communications or equivalent relevant professional experience
• At least 3-year experience as digital communications and events organiser
• Experience with online tools (Visio conferencing systems, knowledge management platforms, websites)
• Experience with content management systems (CMS)
• Experience with web or graphic design, video and photo editing- a plus.
Profile and skills sought
• Fluency in written and spoken English (native level)
• Proficiency in French, Spanish and/or Arabic a plus
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Strong aptitude and desire for learning new platforms, development, analytic, and presentation tools
• Well organized and diligent
• Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple activities
• Good team player
• Able to work independently and autonomously when required
• Good computer literacy, especially in the are of virtual meeting platforms
• Motivated to learn and to develop new skills
Duration of appointment: Temporary appointment- 3 months starting as soon as possible
Employment type: full-time
How to Apply: Send cover letter and CV and contact of three references.
Deadline for applications: 20 September 2020. Please send the required material by email with the name of the position in the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employee Communications Officer – Pictet, Geneva
Corporate Functions includes the Group’s non-banking activities and employs more than 600 staff. These functions are carried out by specialists with expertise across all business units, and include the Communications, Compliance, Finance, Human Resources, Information Security, Internal Audit, Legal, Organisation & Digital, Risk and Tax departments.
You will be joining a dynamic and enthusiastic team based in Geneva. You will help to manage employee communications projects and create new communication initiatives to engage Pictet staff, in line with the Group’s culture and principles.
• Helping to develop and implement employee communications campaigns and strategies and monitor their success.
• Sharing corporate information through the appropriate channels, with an ability to produce attractive content.
• Writing, editing, proofreading internal announcements, newsletters, articles and publications.
• Working with key stakeholders throughout the Group and providing support and recommendations to the Group’s business lines and corporate departments.
• Helping to organise internal events.
• Coordinating work with external agencies and internal partners for ad hoc employee communications projects.
• University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Journalism or equivalent.
• At least 3 years’ experience of working in a marketing or communications role.
• English mother tongue, with excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills (good command of French a plus).
• Graphic design skills.
• Proven experience of project management.
• Ability to innovate and creative mind.
• Must be resident in Switzerland.
The International Trade Centre (www.intracen.org) is looking for a Communications Consultant in Geneva to support the external communications function with a focus on central Asian countries. The candidate should have between 3–5 years’ experience in public information, journalism or related field and familiarity with trade, development and/or United Nations issues. Fluency in English is required and knowledge of Russian is plus. Prospective candidates are invited to submit their application by sending their CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 8 May 2020.
For details of the position, please see the terms of reference>>