1. Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi)
Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is a not-for-profit research and development organization, DNDi works to deliver new treatments for neglected diseases: leishmaniasis, human African trypanosomiasis, Chagas disease, specific filarial infections, mycetoma, paediatric HIV, and hepatitis C.
2. Project overview:
DNDi is requesting proposals for producing a compelling HD film (4-6’) that tells the story of the development of the first all-oral cure for sleeping sickness. This film will show how this innovative drug, called “fexinidazole,” will completely change the way we treat people living with sleeping sickness, a deadly tropical disease that affects some of the most neglected communities in the world.
Fexinidazole was developed through an alternative, non-profit driven R&D model and this film will showcase the innovative partnership that led to this scientific discovery – a partnership that could help challenge the prevailing notion how we develop drugs.
3. Project scope
DNDi would like to develop a 4-6 minute film for on/off-line screening that shows, on the one side, this innovative partnership and development of a new treatment for sleeping sickness in Central Africa, and at the same time offers a moving human story that shows the ravages caused by sleeping sickness, how fexinidazole will change things for treatment of the disease now and control/elimination of the disease in future.
While there is a need to avoid excessive reliance on talking heads, the human side of both parts of this story should shine – the researchers and scientists working together for the drug’s development, and the health workers and patients working and living in the world’s most remote areas of the Congo.
Previous DNDi films have been made around these same angles but this film must have a distinct visual identity and brand that can serve as inspiration for a “mini-campaign” for social media, where DNDi and partners can take short clips/images of the video and share them.
Please provide a budget estimate with cost breakdowns and maximum details.
5. Eligible criteria:
• Experience in creative video development, production and post-production on social/development/scientific issues, including animated infographics, aimed at international general audience;
• Understanding the purpose and the scope of this video project
• Must have experience in producing videos of similar nature for international clients (must submit at least 2 similar sample work as a proof)
• Original and creative approach
• Demonstration of cost effective approaches to video production
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources, equipment and required staffing for video production and post-production
• Demonstrated experience producing videos for non-profit organizations
• Availability to travel to Africa and Europe in May/June 2018
• Milestone 1: Completion of briefings and production of initial outlines – May 15th, 2018
• Milestone 2: Production of storyboards – June 15th, 2018
• Milestone 3: DRC filming trip to be scheduled. 1st version of the film – July 13th, 2018
• Milestone 4: Final version of the film – July 25th, 2018
7. Proposal requirements
The proposal should include:
• A cover letter that explains how the video producer can meet DNDi’s needs, citing experience, skills, capacity and motivation; and an indication of availability for a visio call or a meeting in Geneva the week of April 9th, 2018 if shortlisted.
• Any short creative proposals would be welcome based on the brief above.
• Samples of video productions
8. Proposal evaluation
A selection will be made by the DNDi project team based on the proposal’s:
• Responsiveness to the scope of work as outlined, and DNDi’s needs
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in similar projects
• Bios, qualifications of personnel assigned
• Sample of video productions
• Cost effectiveness
9. Proposal submission
• Send questions if any to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday March 23rd, 2018
• Answers to questions related to the RFP will be answered in a document shared with all the bidders by Wednesday March 28th, 2018
• Send your full dossier containing all proposal requirements in pdf by Wednesday April 4th 2018. Proposals should be sent to: email@example.com
• Award project: Week of April 16th 2018