In order to provide more value for your professional development, we are currently reviewing the events and activities offered by the Geneva Communicators Network.
Please help us to serve you better by completing a short survey and provide us feedback on what we are doing well and where we can improve in 2018. The survey takes some 5-10 minutes to complete. All responses are anonymous so please give us some honest feedback!
We look forward to your feedback and see you all in the new year!
Founded in 1988, the International AIDS Society (IAS) is the world’s largest association of HIV professionals, with members from more than 180 countries.
IAS members work on all fronts of the global response to AIDS, and include researchers, clinicians, policy and programme planners and public health and community practitioners on the frontlines of the epidemic.
Details of Employment:
The Senior Communications Officer position will be based in Geneva, Switzerland and report to the Senior Manager, Communications. The position is full-time and open-ended to start as soon as possible.
Purpose of the Position:
The incumbent will play a senior role in the communications team, leading the strategy, writing and content production for the organization. We are looking for a savvy, seasoned, strategic communicator with a strong understanding of the scientific and political field of the HIV/AIDS and/or global health space.
Lead development of IAS content, including op-eds, blogs, speeches, press releases and publications
Generate compelling content that can be used across all channels and platforms to highlight IAS’ membership work and perspectives
Provide leadership guidance, policy analysis, briefs, and strategic guidance to advance the IAS programme and advocacy portfolio
Guide and execute communications strategies that support and advance the work of IAS
Stay up to date on relevant political and research shifts in the field to navigate and position the IAS appropriately
Manage editorial planning and prioritization across all IAS departments, including all IAS programmes and conferences
Translate highly scientific materials to be easily understood across audiences, including development of key messaging
Write, edit and manage internal approvals of communications content, including press releases, statements, emails, blog posts and publications
Manage media monitoring and reporting to identify opportunities, track communications impact, and support overall brand management of IAS
Manage relationships and agreements with external partners and suppliers while maintaining timelines
Develop and manage external relationships and partnerships for strategic communications and marketing activities
Oversee all media logistics for IAS conferences, including media registrations, press conferences, media briefings, speaker outreach and on-site management
Support media relations, contacts management, outreach lists and media materials
Support social media content development in collaboration with the IAS Digital Producer.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in communications, journalism, public policy, public health or related field or a first-level university degree in combination with communications experience.
Advanced experience working on communications, policy and/or advocacy in HIV/AIDS research or global health more broadly
Background working on scientific research issues
Experience leading communications efforts for high-level events
Demonstrated experience working in an international context.
Must have a firm understanding of the HIV/AIDS and/or the global health landscape
Technical and scientific knowledge of HIV/AIDS is a strong plus
Comfortable presenting to leadership and public audiences about the communications work of the IAS
Excellent written and verbal communications skills; a demonstrated ability to create persuasive and clear communications in all forms, for a variety of audiences
Strong organizational skills, coordination skills and ability to multi-task
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail and tight deadlines
Knowledge of relevant international and domestic broadcast media, a keen sense of what makes and shapes the news, and the ability to make well-informed decisions in targeting appropriate media outlets and reporters
Stress tolerance and resilience, ability to work under pressure with multiple and shifting priorities
High-energy self-starter who can operate with minimal supervision but also knows when to ask for counsel
Ability to work well as a team member, as well as work independently.
Native English or full professional proficiency is a requirement
Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover letter, in English and by email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications will be selected on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IAS employees are evidence-based, human rights-focused, inclusive and accountable partners in the HIV response. Candidates should display genuine commitment to IAS values (learn more here).
The IAS is committed to recruiting and sustaining a skilled, effective, diverse and gender-balanced secretariat, and to the greater involvement of people living with HIV (GIPA) in all aspects of its work.
People living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
phere is seeking a company to design and develop a digital platform being the Single Source of Reference (SSOR) for all output channels of the Sphere Handbook (print, web and mobile) and a new interactive web-version of the Sphere Handbook (Interactive Handbook).
Oak Foundation commits its resources to address issues of global social and environmental concern, particularly those that have a major impact on the lives of the disadvantaged. Oak has its main administrative office in Geneva, Switzerland and a presence in eight other countries: Belize, Bulgaria, Denmark, Tanzania, India, the UK, the US and Zimbabwe.
About the internship
Based in Geneva, Switzerland, the Communications Intern will report to the Head of Communications. The paid internship will be for eight months with the possibility to extend up to one year, and will begin after the winter holidays. The internship is part time (approximately 15 hours per week and 100 per cent during the summer); a schedule will be established depending on the intern’s courses (exact dates to be confirmed).
To be considered for the internship, candidates must be authorised to work in Switzerland and enrolled in university during the internship. Applications close on 24 November 2017. Please send your CV and a writing sample in English as soon as possible to: email@example.com
Responsibilities and Duties
The intern will help the Communications Department by:
drafting articles for our website, intranet and publications;
assisting in updating the Foundation’s Twitter account and website;
developing graphics and assisting in the layout of reports using Adobe InDesign;
organising images and content for our various projects; and,
assisting in any other communications-oriented tasks as they may arise.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
excellent written and oral skills in English;
experience using Adobe suite;
experience working with other organisations on communications;
experience using web-based development tools and social media;
willingness to learn new things and be a part of a creative team;
ability to work under deadlines; and,
authorisation to work in Switzerland and be enrolled as student during the internship.
We are currently looking for a Media Relations Manager to help us further enhance the reputation of the company. You will create content to increase understanding among key audiences of the company’s strategy, purpose and achievements, and translate this into compelling stories that you pitch to your media contacts. You will manage the corporate website and support the team with issues management.
Proactively seek out media opportunities by developing and maintaining contacts with Swiss and international media
Manage all media relations related to Nespresso’s three production centers in Switzerland
Manage the corporate website
Manage issues by working independently and cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
Develop content for corporate materials
Support Nespresso’s markets with issues management and media relations
Education and experience
At least 5 years of experience in corporate communications, media relations and Brand PR
Network of Swiss media would be a strong asset
Excellent writing skills with an ability to transform information into engaging copy
Mother tongue French with fluency in English, ideally bilingual
Show us that you have exceptional written and verbal communications skills. Your experience in delivering media relations and corporate communication campaigns in a complex, crossfunctional and multinational environments will be highly appreciated. If you are passionate about this position and want to make a difference to our performance, apply at www.nestle.com/jobs
Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world.
Main Purpose: This role has been established to support the Corporate Affairs team in the development, management and timely delivery of a diverse range of communications-related projects and materials to an exceptionally high standard.
Key Responsibilities: Internal communications
• Supporting the Head of Marketing Communications and Head of Media Relations in creating news stories, picture stories, competitions, etc. for the company’s newly launched intranet
• Supporting the roll-out of internal communications campaigns throughout the company
Social and Digital Media
• Supporting the Head of Marketing Communications in keeping the companies’ websites up-to-date
• Supporting the company’s digital/social media efforts including developing content ideas for the company’s Twitter, Flickr and LinkedIn accounts and helping to create and generate content for the company’s new Instagram account
• Supporting the Marketing and Communications Manager in the production and timely delivery of marketing brochures, tender documents and PPT presentations, often against tight deadlines for Trafigura Group companies with the help of our external creative design agency
• Accountable for working with suppliers to order, print, store, keep track of and deliver collateral to offices worldwide
• Accountable for the high quality translation of documents by co-ordinating with translation agencies and internal language experts
• Support the Head of Marketing Communications in the implementation and policing of the brand worldwide
• Accountable for the development and deployment of corporate merchandise
• Responsible for the arrangement of and logistics associated with occasional large internal meetings and stakeholder events organised by the Corporate Affairs team
• Timely processing of invoices / payments and allocation of costs according to budgeting protocol for the Corporate Affairs team. Keeping the Corporate Affairs budget tracking spreadsheet up to date
• Supporting the finance team in the registration of new suppliers
• Keeping track of payments made for the Corporate Affairs team occasional purchases on the company credit card
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• 1-2 years’ experience in a communications/media role
• Positive, dynamic and enthusiastic individual
• Proven ability to write in a range of styles including news stories, articles and marketing materials
• Experience working with digital media, particular idea and content generation
• Excellent organisational and project management skills and ability to solve problems
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with authority at all levels of seniority
• Interested in communications, media, marketing, CSR and sustainability issues, as well as of current affairs
• Absolute mastery of written and spoken English, with a good knowledge of French preferred; other language(s) an advantage
• Can work independently and productively in a fast‐paced, team‐oriented environment
• Competency with all Microsoft packages
• Education to degree level
• Excellent and effective communication skills
• Drives results
• Plans and aligns
• Action oriented
• Manages complexity
• Customer focus
• Instils trust
• Being resilientKey Relationships:
• Corporate Affairs team
• Book leaders, country general managers and department heads
• Financial controllers
• Facility Management and receptions worldwide
• External stakeholders