The IDMC is looking for a creative and professional Website Content Coordinator to support and coordinate IDMC‘s website content. The Website Content Coordinator will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content in support of IDMC’s organisational strategy and business goals. The main responsibilities include publishing online content to raise brand awareness, monitoring web traffic and metrics to improve performance, and continually ensuring that IDMC’s digital products meet our target audience’s needs. The ideal candidate is an experienced communications professional with demonstrated skills in website content creation, as well in the management and development of content management systems.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Regularly create and publish engaging website content using our content management system (CMS) and leveraging a range of formats
- Coordinate and support the development of a website content strategy with the objective of increasing outreach, dissemination and access to IDMC’s data and evidence.
- Analyse website traffic to better understand users’ interests and needs.
- Stay up to date with website developments and generate new ideas to draw our audience’s attention.
- Provide IDMC’s External Relations Team with general communications support during peak periods.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 3-5 years professional communications experience, particularly focused on content management and content creation for websites.
- Excellent English writing skills; French, Spanish and/or Arabic a plus.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented.
- Able to oversee large projects and to coordinate and consolidate work from others.
- Able to research, collate, and summarise information from different sources.
- Able to translate technical language to key messages for a broad audience.
- Able to cope with extra work under pressure during peak campaign times.
- Minimum Bachelor’s, preferred Master’s degree in Communications or related degree.
- 3-5 years working on website content management and creation.
- Strong knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices, and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge on user interface, user experience and creation of wireframes.
- Strong knowledge of how to leverage analytics to take data-informed content decisions.
- Strong knowledge and aptitude using Adobe creative cloud.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and content management systems such as Drupal.
- Sufficient multimedia editing skills to perform basic post-production tasks (cutting, subtitling, animated titles, etc.) for multimedia website content.
- Ability to develop strategic plans based on desired impact and outcomes.
In addition, we are looking for a creative thinker with the ability to think outside the box, take initiative to troubleshoot challenges and with an aptitude for critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving. Our ideal candidate has proven networking and relationship management skills, is influential and decisive and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment whilst successfully delivering on short deadlines.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
To be dedicated in what we do;
To be innovative with our solutions;
To act as one unified and inclusive team;
To be committed and passionate about the issue of internal displacement;
To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the beneficiaries that we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC/IDMC family.
We can offer:
A challenging and exciting opportunity with an international team dedicated to advancing practical, data-based solutions to internal displacement;
A permanent position in Geneva
Salary and benefits according to NRC/IDMC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
Please note that for reasons related to the procedure for work permits in Switzerland, only candidates with an EU/EFTA nationality or a valid work permit for Geneva, Switzerland can be considered for this role. Kindly specify your permit in the application if relevant.
For more information about this opportunity, or to apply please click here>>