The Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance (DCAF) is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. DCAF contributes to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states and international actors supporting these states, to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice and supports capacity-building of both state and non-state security sector stakeholders.
A key member of the corporate Communications Unit, the Multimedia Content Producer’s role is to create fresh and professional looking knowledge products and multimedia content that is on brand, and effectively showcases DCAF’s work and the results we deliver for our partners and donors.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Multimedia Content Producer will:
• Design and produce reports, knowledge products, fundraising, and advocacy materials;
• Shoot and edit promotional and information videos;
• Support DCAF’s website and social media channels with the production of multimedia content such as graphics, infographics, gifs, videos, etc;
• Develop new templates for DCAF knowledge products and promotional materials and coach the teams in their use;
• Act as the focal point on DCAF‘s corporate brand identity, supporting its consistent application across all our knowledge products and advocacy materials;
• Advise DCAF’s programme teams in the branding, design and production of knowledge products such as books, policy briefs, reports, videos, etc;
• Help build the capacity of DCAF’s programme teams to produce their own multimedia content through training and ongoing coaching;
• Expand and manage DCAF’s photo archive;
• Any other tasks as required.
• University degree or completion of professional training course in graphic design;
• A minimum five years’ working as a graphic designer;
• Mastery of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator;
• Solid video shooting and editing skills;
• Working closely with clients to translate their ideas into creative and compelling content;
• Collaborating in a small team as well as working independently;
• High level of attention to detail is essential along with excellent organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks;
• Producing multi-media content for non-profit or international development organizations will be an advantage;
• A proactive approach to work and a problem-solving attitude;
• Excellent English with a working knowledge of French;
• Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite.
To see the full ad and to apply click here>>