The International Seed Federation (www.worldseed.org) is based in Nyon, Switzerland. As the voice of the global seed sector, its mission is to facilitate the international movement of seed and promote plant breeding innovation; to mobilise and represent the private seed sector at a global level; to inform its members of developments that may have an impact on the business and to promote the interests and raise the profile of the seed sector. ISF engages with stakeholders and international organizations in pursuit of its vision of “a world where quality seed is accessible to all, supporting sustainable agriculture and food security”.
ISF seeks a highly-motivated Database Administrator whose primary role is to support the team in optimizing ISF’s database of contacts and recipients of its various communications.
This is a 4-month internship offering a flexible role within a small and dynamic team – both full time and part-time candidates are welcome as long as the candidate can be present in the Nyon office at least 2-3 times per week. (S)he will report to ISF’s Communications Manager.
• Work with the Communications Manager, Membership Engagement Manager and Events Coordinator to identify, clean, and organize the mailing lists relevant to ISF’s work
• Update and integrate existing mailing lists and databases, according to the communication needs of ISF
• Optimize the ISF database of contacts for current and future use
• Before the end of the internship, you should be able to deliver an updated and logically organized (set of) mailing list/s for ISF
SKILLS / BACKGROUND
• Currently enrolled in a University
• Organized, versatile and systems-minded
• Proactive and has the ability to problem-solve; able to present ideas for discussion and provide recommendations
• English proficiency
• Knowledge of mailing lists and database management tools desirable
• Candidates should hold working rights in Switzerland
• The position will be open until 30 November 2021. Send a resume and a cover letter to Francine Sayoc, Communications Manager, International Seed Federation at email@example.com
• Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position shall remain open until a suitable candidate has been engaged.
Target starting date: 10 January 2022