The Communications Intern will provide support for a wide range of communications’ tasks, working under the direction of the Senior Communications Officer for EBU Media. These will include maintaining and updating media lists; distribution of press releases; uploading of articles to ebu.ch; researching photographs; liaising with the press cuttings service; drafting posts for social media; researching social media handles; creating impactful analytics to demonstrate the work of the team/EBU. This role is varied. As an example, in a single day the incumbent might be researching media contacts for a particular story, finding facts to include in an article, making some simple infographics, uploading videos to YouTube or looking at TikTok to get some promotional ideas.
Skills and experience
Do you have:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, particularly in English
- Experience working with website CMS – not coding necessarily, but updating web copy a definite plus
- A genuine and demonstrable interest in the media – from print and online to podcasts, TV and radio programmes.
- Experience of social media platforms, either in a work environment or personal capacity is a definite plus. As is an interest in video – shooting and editing – and photography
- A positive attitude and cheerful disposition. Keen to learn and develop – and also to support the department as required.
- Ability to work in a busy environment and remain calm and focused. Is up to date with current affairs and new trends. Good team worker. Champion of diversity and difference.
Education – In the process of completing a diploma – an internship agreement is required
About the EBU
The European Broadcasting Union is the world’s foremost alliance of public service media, representing over a hundred organizations worldwide. Every single EBU’s employee strive to secure a sustainable future for public service media, provide our Members with world-class content through the Eurovision and Euroradio brands, and build on our founding ethos of solidarity and co-operation to create a centre for learning and exchanging.