About the IAS: IAS the International AIDS Society – leads collective action on every front of the global HIV response through its membership base, scientific authority and convening power. Founded in 1988, countries. Working with its members, the IAS advocates and drives urgent action to reduce the International AIDS Conference, the IAS Conference on HIV Science, and the HIV Research for Prevention Conference.
The IAS promotes and in vests in HIV advocacy and research on key issue areas through our strategic programmes, initiatives, and campaigns that advocate for urgent action to reduce the global impact of HIV, including increased investment in HIV cure research; optimizing treatment and care for infants, children and adolescents with HIV in resource – limited settings; preventing and treating HIV – related co – infections; and expanding access to prevention, treatment and care for key populations vulnerable to HIV acquisition such as men who have sex with men, people who inject drugs, sex workers and transgender people including protecting their human rights by combatting punitive laws and discriminatory policies.
More information on IAS can be found at www.iasociety.org .
Details of Employment:
The Communications Graduate Assistant will be based in Geneva, Switzerland. The position will report to the Senior Communications Officer Content and will also work closely with the Senior Communications Officer – Engagement . The position is full – time and fixed – term to start in February 2022 until August 2022.
This position is intended for recent graduates and paid at the Geneva minimum wage .
Purpose of the position :
This is a graduate entry – level position to support the Senior Communications Officers within the Communications and Public Affairs department.
Working across a wide range of priority areas, including IAS strategic communications, conferences and campaigns, the incumbent will provide day-to-day administrative support, coordinate the development of communication materials, and support the delivery of communications objectives for AIDS 2022, the 24th International AIDS Conference . This is an exciting role for a creative self – starter looking for a challenging yet rewarding role in an international NGO with a long standing reputation for excellence.
- Coordinate and support the development of communications materials, such as press releases, video, web content and email newsletters
- Conduct research and fact check content, including scientific references in communications materials
- Provide support in tracking requests to design agencies
- Suppo rt media monitoring, to include tracking of select issue areas on a daily basis and sharing with the rest of the team to ensure that the department is aware of the latest debates
- Day- to – day management of the media inbox
- Coordination o f media registrations, media scholarships, third – party press conferences and all in – person and virtual media centre logistics
- Liaison with and management of deliverables for media partners
- Coordination of supplier contracts and deliverables
- Provide logistical support for special projects and campaigns, such as the HIV unmuted podcast series, led by the Communications and Public Affairs department
Perform additional tasks as and when requested by the Senior Communications Officers.
- Recently graduated with a university degree in public health, public policy, international development, communications, journalism or related
- Ideally, previous internships and/or experience in administration, research and/or communications especially within global health would be a distinct
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A passion for research and an analytical mind
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
- Creative thinker with high – energy and a positive can – do attitude
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision but also know when to ask for help
- An understanding of HIV and/or the global health landscape would be an
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and oral (full professional proficiency); knowledge of other languages is an asset.