ESCA CancerSupport (ESCA CS) is a non-profit association of volunteers and paid professionals. Its vision is that no one faces cancer alone. Its mission is to provide emotional support, practical help, well-being activities and a welcoming community in English for anyone affected by cancer and their family members for free.
ESCA CS is looking for a creative mind to join our team in creating content and maintaining a strong online presence for the organization’s social media accounts. In addition to creating visually compelling content you will help with managing the accounts and implementing strategies, to increase brand awareness.
This will include creating click-worthy captions, trending hashtags and other methods of attracting and growing our audience. This involves being knowledgeable about the latest platforms, best practices and updates.
• Create engaging content and image/videos across all accounts
• Monitor activity on the social media accounts
• Develop content schedule and explore optimal posting times
• Cultivate new trending hashtags, captions and other methods that attract en-gagement and discoverability
Knowledge and skills
• Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written
• Experience with social media platforms; Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and third-party scheduling tools
• Professional, reliable, polite, punctual and flexible
• Enthusiastic and team spirited
• Knowledge of Canva. Other design tools are a bonus
• French is not required but is a plus
• Video editing skills desirable but not essential
Reporting to: Communications & Awareness Manager
• This is an unpaid volunteer position
• Average weekly time commitment would be about 3-5 hours
• It would be desirable to have a regular commitment, but hours are flexible and work can be mostly done remotely
ESCA CancerSupport is engaged to offer:
• The opportunity to build your employable working skills for someone early in their career or looking to break into the field
• Experience in a small office setting, providing direct access to senior staff and an opportunity to undertake/learn about a wide variety of tasks
• A letter of reference
• Send your CV with a short email message explaining your interest for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Deadline for applications: 5 November 2022.