This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of employee communications, and a small amount of media relations activity, for the Swiss Private Bank, in line with its business objectives and strategic priorities. The role holder will be a key member of the Communications team in Switzerland, which comprises the incumbent, a Communications Manager and the Head of Communications, Switzerland/Head of Media Relations, Global Private Banking, to whom the chosen candidate will report. The role is based in Geneva, Switzerland. The role holder will work collaboratively with the Communications team supporting HSBC Global Private Banking (GBP) and liaise with communications colleagues from other business lines and the geographic communications network of HSBC.
Deliver a cohesive employee communications strategy for the Swiss Private Bank
- Design and implement employee communications initiatives that are based on insights from internal research and other sources, to support HSBC’s strategy, encourage a speak-up culture and advance other organisational priorities.
- Provide communications advice and support for business transformation initiatives, technology programmes, strategic announcements and executive communications. This includes liaising with subject matter experts, attending steering committees, producing communications plans, developing key messaging and writing employee communications for the Swiss Private Bank.
- Independently organise and run employee communications activity in Switzerland (e.g. monthly employee meetings and townhalls) with content that grabs audiences’ attention and is worth their time.
Support media relations work in Switzerland, as appropriate
- Depending on the interests and qualifications of the incumbent, the role may include a small amount of media relations activity, to which we can offer support and coaching. This could include anticipating and managing reputational issues and implementing global communications campaigns in Switzerland.
- A considerable workload and numerous projects warrant a good ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Diverse global organisation with complex structures, policies and procedures
- Highly regulated and complex external environment, requiring an ability to operate in sensitive and fast-paced environments
- Rapidly changing communications landscape
- Ability to think global and act local
- Ability to capitalise on the opportunities of a bank with a challenging past and considerable opportunities in the future
- The role holder will report into the Head of Communications, Switzerland/Head of Media Relations, Global Private Banking. The incumbent is expected to act with a high degree of autonomy, receiving guidance as appropriate.
- The incumbent will act as a deputy to the Head of Communications, Switzerland, deputising when they are absent.
Management of Risk
- The incumbent will continually assess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices and the impacts of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring that all actions account for the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- The incumbent will address any concerns in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The role holder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, as appropriate, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The incumbent will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business needs to comply. This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. When applicable, this also involves ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Considerable autonomy in developing, delivering and assessing employee communications activity in Switzerland and trialing new ideas.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Several years’ experience in a communications role.
- Employee communications experience is a must, some media relations experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of the financial service industry, ideally with prior work experience in a bank in Switzerland or with HSBC.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; fluency in French and/or German a strong plus.
- Good interpersonal, planning and project management skills.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and pressurised situations.
To view full ad and apply click here>> (select job category ‘Communications’ and geography ‘Switzerland):