Founded in 1988, the IAS is the world’s largest association of HIV professionals, with members from more than 180 countries working on all fronts of the global AIDS response. More information on IAS can be found at www.iasociety.org.
Details of Employment:
The Web Producer position will be based in Geneva, Switzerland and report to the Director, Communications. The position is open-ended and full-time as start as soon as possible.
Purpose of the Position:
The incumbent will be responsible for developing, updating and maintaining the IAS website and the conferences websites. This requires experience in graphic design as well as technical understanding of how websites work and look.
- Develop and design websites based on user experience and web optimization best practices
- Manage, review and publish all web content for the IAS, the IAS Conference on HIV and the International AIDS Conferences
- Develop and maintain work plan to coordinate with all departments in the organization for web updates
- Ensure consistency, quality and up to date content on all websites
- Work between ICT and other departments to guide and translate between programming, user experience and design to develop online applications
- Keep up-to-date on web industry standards and user experience trends to develop and design websites in line with the organization’s evolving priorities
- Serve as link between visual curation and user experience across web platforms
- Work within the Communications team to produce digital deliverables according to editorial calendar needs
- Provide design support for the IAS, the IAS Conference on HIV and the International AIDS Conferences (promo material, venue floor plans, signage, banners, etc.)
- Serve as the main point of contact between conference photographers and IAS staff, populate online galleries and curate photos for all conferences
- Manage conference photos archive and online galleries
- Edit and retouch photos as needed.
- Perform any additional tasks requested by the Director, Communications.
- A degree in communications or similar area is required
- Training in web development.
- Significant years of experience in a similar role
- Proven ability to design and develop websites
- Experience in managing multiple websites
- Experience in designing both for online and printed materials.
- Strong knowledge of web Content Management Systems (CMS) and SEO
- Strong visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Well organized, ability to multitask, attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Problem solver; relationship-builder; and strong inter-personal skills
- Stress tolerance and resilience, ability to work under pressure with multiple and shifting priorities.
- Native or advanced in English
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a cover letter, in English and by email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 10 February 2019.