Sphere is calling for proposals for professional English copy-editing service. The Sphere movement was started in 1997 by a group of humanitarian professionals aiming to improve the quality of humanitarian work during disaster response.
Initially developed by non-governmental organisations, along with the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the Sphere standards have become a primary reference tool for national and international NGOs, volunteers, UN agencies, governments, donors, the private sector, and many others. Today, Sphere is a worldwide community which brings together and empowers practitioners to improve the quality and accountability of humanitarian assistance.
Required competences and experience
• English native speaker with several years of experience in providing professional English proofreading and copy-editing services, including to Non-Governmental Organisations.
• Thorough understanding of the humanitarian sector and of its technical lexicon. Previous experience working on content related to humanitarian quality and accountability /humanitarian standards is a strong asset.
• Capacity to respond promptly to requests (ex.: 2 days maximum for 1,000 words).
• Attention to detail; understanding of plain and inclusive language.
• Strong understanding of the editing requirements of different communication platforms(web, newsletters, social media, etc). How to submit a proposal
Interested service providers are invited to submit the following:
• A detailed résumé(or agency portfolio).
• An indication of the requested copy-editing fees per type of editing (light / medium / heavy)and of proofreading fees, per 1,000 words.
• Two copy-edited writing samples on matters related to the humanitarian sector.
• The contact information of two references.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 March 2019.