Are you a talented communications professional who can write and produce engaging communications materials for non-profit organizations? Do you want to be part of a small but dynamic team committed to raising the quality and accountability of organisations supporting people affected by crisis? Do you have the right skills and experience to strengthen our communications around the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) and help us accelerate change?
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Communications Manager, with excellent writing skills and media management experience, to join our Membership and Communications team. This is an important role to raise the profile of the CHS and promote the work of the CHS Alliance amongst key audiences including members, partners, media and the wider sector.
What we expect from you
Communication of the CHS:
1. Actively promote the use, application and measurement of the CHS in all fora with CHS Alliance members and the wider sector;
2. Lead on communications for the CHS (website content, publications and marketing), working in collaboration with communications staff at Sphere and Groupe URD, and ensuring information is accurate and up-to-date.
CHS Alliance communication:
3. Work with the Head of Membership and Communications to develop and implement the CHS Alliance membership and communications strategies, delivering on agreed commitments, to help meet the team’s objectives;
4. Develop and maintain a range of print and digital materials to effectively and proactively communicate the CHS Alliance’s mission, vision and main messages to key global audiences. This includes managing the copywriting and production of the Annual Report and other publications, production of leaflets, case studies, newsletters, social media toolkits, animations, videos and other materials as required;
5. Manage the editorial calendar and content, including copywriting, for the monthly CHS Alliance newsletter;
6. Maintain and update content on the CHS Alliance website using the Content Management System, to ensure information is current, clear, concise and engaging;
7. Lead on media relations, working closely with the Head of Membership and Communications to identify opportunities for proactive media outreach and drafting reactive messages.
8. Manage the CHS Alliance’s presence at external events and represent the organisation professionally to stakeholders, including partners, prospective and current members and donors. Coordinate an annual events calendar and support the preparation and delivery of CHS Alliance conferences and events;
9. Manage the development and production of CHS and CHS Alliance branded collateral for events;
To view the full job description, please click here.
You are a seasoned professional with demonstrated experience in writing and producing on a range of external communications materials for non-profit organizations; and more specifically:
¨ You have at least eight years of experience in an organisational communications role and/or media management.
¨ You are an exceptional copywriter on a range of external communications materials and have experience in content production for social media.
¨ You are well-versed in the changing digital communications landscape.
¨ Fluent in written and spoken English, you have excellent publication standard writing skills; a good knowledge of French is an asset.
¨ You can analyse and synthesize complex ideas and turn them into concise messages for a wide range of audiences
¨ You have strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
¨ You are a self-starter who enjoys working in small teams and with limited supervision.
¨ Your colleagues describe you as fun, reliable and professional.
¨ You commit to the CHS Alliance values, vision and mission and commit to be personally and collectively responsible for upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct.
This includes refraining from acts of misconduct, respecting the CHS Alliance’s standards and the dignity of those whom the Alliance pledges to assist and with whom they have contact.
Terms and conditions
Reports to: Head of Membership & Communications
Responsible for: no one
Location: London or Geneva
Contract type: open-ended contract – full time (80% considered for the right candidate)
Start date: mid-June
How to apply
You shall submit your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications shall include a CV and a motivation letter (no longer than 2 pages). Please mention your name and the vacancy reference in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 14 April 2019 (23:59 GMT)
First round of interviews will take place online through GoToMeeting on 29th April or 30th April 2019.
Second round of interviews will ideally take place face-to-face on 9th May or 10th May.