Internship – CERAH – Geneva Centre for Education and Research in Humanitarian Action
Duration: Three months between June-September 2019
We are seeking a junior Graphic Design intern to join our tight knit team to support internal and external design efforts for 2019. This is a great opportunity for a nimble and conceptual-minded designer to get hands on experience within a friendly, dynamic team.
This is the right internship for you if you are comfortable working in a relaxed work environment – and if you flourish in small teams where everyone has great impact and responsibility. Beyond the basics – like being a typography and layout wizard – you’ll need to have a broad knowledge base of communications, graphic design and technology and be passionate about humanitarian, social and cultural issues.
You will be working alongside other communications professionals on a range of projects including publications, marketing materials and website/social media materials. You should be familiar with the editorial and design process. The internship has a minimum duration of 3 months between June-September. We require a part-time commitment (approx 30 hours a week) with flexible working hours.
This is a paid internship.
• Proven work experience in a design agency, at school/college/university or freelance.
• College diploma or university degree in graphic design or similar.
• Strong conceptual, organisational and problem solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to speak to the thinking behind design work.
• Adobe Creative Suite. Editorial Photography. Web Design is a plus but not mandatory!
Please send your CV and a cover letter introducing yourself and why you think this internship matches your skills to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: May 31, 2019.
CERAH is the joint centre of the Graduate Institute Geneva and the University of Geneva. The centre specializes in post graduate courses in humanitarian action for professionals. To find out more visit www.cerahgeneve.ch