Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV) is a leading product development partnership (PDP) in the field of antimalarial drug research and development. Its mission is to reduce the burden of malaria in disease-endemic countries by discovering, developing and delivering new, effective and affordable antimalarial drugs.
MMV is currently seeking a Communications Coordinator for a period of 12 months. The successful candidate will be responsible for the logistical and administrative activities of MMV’s communications department and supporting the team to implement the organisation’s communications strategy. He/she will be part of a small and dynamic team working to raise the credibility and visibility of MMV through a range of online and offline channels.
The Communications Coordinator will:
- Act as the focal point between external communication providers and the MMV legal, finance and business development teams to ensure a streamlined administrative process (i.e. purchase orders, contracts, timely payment of invoices, etc.)
- Oversee internal review of new content for web and print in consultation with wider communications team
- Keep generic documents and presentations updated
- Conduct desk research on specific subjects or in response to journalist enquiries, as required
- Keep the MMV website up to date, by creatively posting new content
- Produce monthly newsletters, update MMV’s photo database and respond to web enquiries
- Create and update presentations for the screen in the kitchen to ensure MMV staff are well informed
- Assist in the development of MMV’s presence on social media
- Coordinate the translation of content, including liaison with external translators and internal review, when needed
- Organize regular internal and external team meetings (scheduling, agenda, minutes, actions)
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
Education and Experience:
- University degree
- 2 to 3 years of administrative experience; working with other communications teams an asset
- Experience in global health/ development issues an advantage
Technical skills required:
- Excellent command of the English language (mother tongue) both written and spoken; excellent command of French highly desirable
- Expertise with all Microsoft applications
- Good online research skills
- Experience with social media management tools an asset
- Experience editing images and preparing graphics
Behavioural skills required:
- Excellent people skills (proactive, collaborative, creative, self-initiative, flexible multitasker, detail-oriented)
- Excellent organizational skills (able to compile, consolidate and organize information)
- Able to work under pressure and handle frequent changes to deadlines
- High sense of responsibility; able to work independently under minimal supervision
- Able to build relationships with the wider MMV team
Start date: Immediate
For more information about MMV’s activities please refer to our website www.mmv.org.
Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from submitting applications.