The Luc Hoffmann Institute aims to be the world’s leading catalyst for innovation and transformative change to maintain biodiversity, the foundation of all life on Earth.
We create the conditions for new approaches to emerge, identify and mobilise the most promising innovators and ideas, and provide a flow of impactful, de-risked and exciting initiatives for investors. Our passionate and open-minded team is dedicated to driving societal change for nature and people to thrive together.
Learn more at www.luchoffmanninstitute.org, connect with us on LinkedIn, or follow us on Twitter @LucHoffmannInst.
Reporting to the Head of Communication, the communication manager is responsible for developing and implementing effective communication around the institute programme’s 10+ projects to meet the vision, mission and objectives of the institute. The communication manager also manages communication for select special strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Design, implement and monitor a cross-cutting programme communication strategy for the Luc Hoffmann Institute’s 10+ projects.
- Lead and coordinate the development, delivery and monitoring of communication for select special strategic initiatives.
- Serve in an advisory role to the institute team on communication and brand issues.
- Analyse, interpret, produce and facilitate the communication of complex information to multiple audiences across a range of communication channels (both on and offline) .
- Ensure the production of timely, relevant and quality communication products that support the institute’s vision, mission and objectives.
- Lead the identifying and maintenance of key relationships with media institutions and expand opportunities for earned media.
- Manage internal and external relationships.
- Ensure that effective and strategic programme and initiative communication compliments and strongly supports institute-wide business objectives and communication goals.
- Develop terms of reference and hire consultants as applicable. Coordinate work and manage relationships with and external consultants.
- Provide drafting and editing support for programme and institute materials, including liaising with external contractors as necessary.
- Manage project event marketing and communication.
- Support the design, implementation and monitoring of institute-wide strategic communication as required.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelors or advanced degree,
- Proven experience, (minimum 5 years) in strategic and hands-on communication, marketing communication, campaigning and/or media relations,
- Experience with, knowledge of and passion for sustainability and nature conservation,
- Positive attitude and passion for innovation/new approaches to nature conservation,
- Strong problem-solving skills and tolerance for situations with high uncertainty,
- Strong analytical, copywriting and editing skills,
- Effective relationship building skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment,
- Excellent digital media skills, including experience with engagement and measurement,
- Ability to work well under pressure, with deadlines with tight time frames,
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in challenging situations that require creativity, drive and commitment,
- Energetic, proactive and capable of working independently as well as being an active member of the team,
- Strong interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment,
- Strong diplomatic skills with sensitivity to political and cultural issues,
- High ethical standards of behaviour, good judgment, respect for others, and confidentiality,
- Ability to travel as required,
- Native English or near-native English skills.
Deadline for applications: by 23 February 2020.
For more information and to apply à https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/1706384507/?pathWildcard=1706384507&trk=mcm