Established in 2003, the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is a collaborative, patients’ needs-driven, non-profit drug research and development (R&D) organization that is developing new treatments for neglected populations (www.dndi.org), working with and enhancing existing research capacity in endemic countries, and advocating for public leadership and public-interest driven R&D to help end the neglect. After 15 years of sustained growth, DNDi has built a team of approximately 200 full-time employees working across nine offices (Geneva, Rio de Janeiro, Kinshasa, Nairobi, New Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, New York, Tokyo, and Cape Town).
Purpose of the position
DNDi has recently finalized a new Microsoft Powerpoint (PPT) template for the organization and is seeking a graphic designer with expertise in PPT, a good capacity for message-linked design, and an eye for detail to:
- Convert existing slide sets into the new PPT template and refresh content, in keeping with visual branding guidelines;
- Create new graphics for use in slides;
- Develop new slides on identified topics, with content input from DNDi; and
- (Depending on the consultant’s location) lead or advise on a short tutorial for staff on best practices in using PPT and the new template.
We estimate that this project could take the equivalent of 3-5 weeks of full-time work.
Competencies & attributes
- A university degree in design or communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint and the Adobe suite of design software required
- Several years of experience working on organizational slide presentations
- Experience working on the PPT slides of organizations in the global health, development, humanitarian or non-profit sectors an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of design principles
- Fluency in English
- Ability to deliver to agreed deadlines
- If you are interested in this consultancy, please send us your CV, a cover letter summarizing your interest and relevant experience, and a link to a portfolio of relevant work samples. Submit your letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Selected candidates will need to be able to show registration of self-employment or consultant status in their country of residence