Senior Manager Corporate Communications
London or Geneva
Our vision Easy Air Travel every step of the way.
Around the world, nearly every passenger flight relies on SITA technology. Globally, almost every airport and airline does business with us, and it’s our job to support their operations.
As the world’s leading air transport IT and communications specialist, we’re committed to meeting the demands of the air transport industry around the clock, every day.
The Senior Manager, Communications will work within SITA’s communications, brand and sustainability team to manage SITA’s media relations activities globally, boldly positioning SITA as the leading IT provider to the air transport industry. We are looking for a candidate to engage a range of audiences including the media, influencers and the wider business community. This is a hand-on role that involves managing day-to-day media activities while working with our global agencies and marketing teams to develop new media opportunities. The candidate will also need a good understanding of social media and how it can be used to support SITA’s media activities in a more integrated way. The candidate will be a key contributor in delivering a range of written content – both internally and externally.
• Work closely with our senior management, regional marketing teams, business divisions and SITA’s global agencies to identify and execute media and other external communications opportunities across trade, business and broadcast media globally while engaging influencers and analysts.
• Ensure that SITA speaks with a single, clear voice, positioning the organization as a technology leader in the air transport industry
• Help drive a more integrated communications approach, incorporating media relations, social media and other external communication channels.
• Identify new opportunities to raise SITA’s profile through media, speaking opportunities and other interactions globally.
• Draft and provide quality control of press releases, blogs, presentations and speaking points to ensure consistent messaging globally.
• Deliver media training and coaching for key spokespeople across SITA, including SITA’s executive team.
• Play a key role in managing crisis communications.
• Develop strong relationships with key media and influencers globally.
• Confident, proactive and results-driven communications professional with at least 10+ years’ experience within media relations globally.
• The position requires someone who is able to bring new approaches to raising SITA’s profile and portfolio to a range of audiences including media, analysts and other influencers.
• Strong writing skills with the ability to craft and develop compelling content including key messages, talking points, blogs, digital content and press releases that helps highlight SITA’s
leading position in it core market and showcase our innovation leadership.
• A good understanding of the tools and analytic methods to help drive better integration across more traditional media channels, social media and other emerging platforms.
• Strong experience of crisis management.
• Experience working in a global organization across multiple different geographical regions.
• In-depth knowledge of the air transport or IT industries. The candidate must also be passionate about keeping their finger on the pulse of these industries, identifying new trends and insights which can be leveraged to provide engaging media interactions.
• Ability to work with and support SITA’s Executive Team Members with external communication.
• Education in communications, journalism or related marketing field.
• Native-level English; a second language, especially French, Arabic or Chinese is desirable.
• PLEASE NOTE*
Kindly attach a cover letter and a writing sample (something from your portfolio) to your application.
Applications without an introduction/sample will be discarded.